17 - Kira

I'm standing with all the others, looking over all the tree saplings slowly growing out of the ground, and it makes me smile a sad smile. If only Kate could see this. Maybe she can? Maybe she's watching over me? I hope so. I like the idea of that.

Shawn comes up behind me, wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my shoulder and whispers, "Are you alright?" I slowly nod my head. I'm alright. At least I will be. Kate is right. I have this small family around me now and I know that they will help me with whatever I need, and I will help them the best I can. I don't know with what yet. For now, it's with housing them. That I can definitely do!

"Yeah. I'm okay." I turn my head to the side to look at him and ask, "are you?" Kissing my temple, he tightens his grip around me. "I am now." I smile a little before I turn around in his arms, stand on my tip toes and kiss him lovingly.

"Let's go inside. I think we need to talk." He frowns and says, "No one ever wants to hear those words." I chuckle and kiss him again. "It's not about us."

He lets out a sigh of relief and nods before I look at everybody. "Before I tell you what happened I seriously need something to eat!" My stomach growls in agreement. "Come on dear. We made hamburgers for dinner," Hillary says.

Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Following her into the house, Shawn takes my hand and as he intertwines our fingers, Chloe takes my other hand.

Hillary makes me two hamburgers and I chomp them down. When I'm finished, Shawn chuckles and dries my cheek off with his thumb before he puts it in his mouth to suck it clean. "You had some ketchup on your cheek."

I blush a little. "Oh." That's not embarrassing at all!

Going into the bathroom I wash my face and when I come back out, Olea has made tea and coffee for everybody who's all gathered in the living room. Next time the tree grows it should make the room a little bigger too!

Shawn pulls me onto his lap and only now do I see a young boy amongst us. "Oh, this is Toby," Shawn says. He waves shyly at me, and I smile at him. Then I furrow my brows. "Wait, don't I know you from somewhere? I ask. He smiles a little and says, "I'm the sheep."

Oh, I remember seeing him a couple of times in one of my favorite spots. I smile at him and introduce myself. "It's nice to meet you, Toby. I'm Kira."

"I know," he simply says, making me raise my brows in surprise. Okay then. Then I ask him, "I'm guessing you're living here now?"

He starts to look a little panicked and he looks at Shawn. "I... Shawn said..." Giving him a reassuring smile, I say, "it's okay. You're welcome here." I wonder where his parents are? Now's not the time to think about that, Kira. I need to talk about what happened because it was just too weird and... Amazing and I'm curious about what they saw, so I ask, "What happened here when I... you know..."

Olea takes a deep breath. "Your powers took over and you blasted everything away around the road."

"And there came this red kind of energy that shattered all the windows in town." Chloe says, making me raise my eyebrows again. "It was red?"

Shawn kisses my temple, takes my hand and intertwine our fingers, making me relax. "Yes," he says. Ole continues, "and Freya came flying down and wrapped her wings around you."

My eyes widen. "She WRAPPED her wings around me?" She nods before she simply says, "yes."

"So that's what she meant when she said that Freya shielded you from me." I mumble. "What?" Olea asks. I shake my head. "Nothing. Did anything else happen?"

"Well, then you were this silhouette floating up in the sky," Shawn says as he tightens his arms around me. My eyes widen even more and, I almost jump off his lap. "I what?"