02: Born Hell Bound

Start from the beginning

“Thank God you showed up,” Andy says, shaking his hand.

Zayn smirks at him. “Told you I’d be back, Samuels.”

“Just in time, too,” Andy tells him.

“Heard there's trouble in paradise,” Harry says to Andy, who smirks at him.

“You could say that,” he chuckles. The pair talk amongst themselves, catching up. Harry and Andy had known each before Andy even knew Zayn. Harry was actually the one who introduced him to Zayn. Funny how things work out.

Zayn ignores them and walks over to AJ's bed. He wraps his hand around the cold metal guardrail. His knuckles start to turn white as he tightens his hand in anger of the situation. “AJ,” He breaths.

She stares up at him as if he's a ghost. “Zayn,” she whispers in response.

“I told you to stay out of trouble,” he tells her softly, running his fingers through her tangled hair.

“I did, I swear this wasn't my fault,” she tells him.

He frowns at her as he hears whispering from behind him.

Andy clears his throat and Zayn turns to him. “We're gonna go down to the cafeteria and get something to eat. Watch her for me.” Without letting Harry get a word in, Andy drags him out if the room and out of sight, leaving the newly reunited couple alone.

Zayn looks back down at AJ. “What happened?” He asks.

“I was in a car accident. I was reading a text at a red light and this guy hit me,” she tells him. She would have told him the truth, that she was actually reading the reminder about his release, but she didn't want to make him feel like it was his fault.

Zayn sighs. “So what exactly did you hurt?” He leans against the railing, pushing her untamed hair away from her face.

“My left arm is broken, as you can see. I cracked a few ribs, I have this ugly gash on my head and a bunch of bruises and scratches,” she tells him.

“Does it hurt a lot?” He asks.

She shakes her head. “It only hurts when I move a lot or breath too heavily,” she says in all honesty.

Zayn leans forward and kisses her forehead. “I’m not going to let anything hurt you ever again. I’m not going to leave again.”

AJ swallows the knot in her throat. “Not even him?” She asks. She didn't want to bring him up, but she has to tell him at some point.

Zayn stares at her with hard eyes. Not that he is mad at her, but because she is talking about that bastard. “What happened?” He asks sternly, but trying to stay calm. The last thing he needs to do is to lash out.

“My mom, she lost her job and money has been really tight and Andy is trying really hard. He has two jobs and my mom is looking for another job.”

“What does that have to do with him?”

“He offered to help,” AJ says, barely audible.

“How?” Zayn presses.

“He’s offered to pay all our expenses.”

“What's the catch?” Zayn asks. He’s know Sonny for years now and he knows he isn’t a charitable person.

“I have to live with him because he wants to get to know me better,” she explains.

“He can’t get to know you when your living at home?” Zayn asks, starting to get aggravated again.

She shakes her head. “He even offered to pay for Andy to live next door if I don’t trust him. But I’m still scared. Zayn, I don’t wasn't to live with him,” She confesses as tears start down her face. “What if he tries to hurt me again?”

Zayn’s fist clench and his jaw locks. “You’re not living with him,” he says seriously.

“I don’t have a choice,” she whispers. “We don’t have the money.”

Zayn shakes his head furiously. “No. Hell fucking no. You’re not living with him.”

“But-”

“I’m going to figure this out,” He says sternly, starting to pace back and forth in the small hospital room.

“How? What are you going to do? He hates you, Zayn.”

Zayn chuckles darkly. “Not as much as I despise him.”

“Then what are you going to do?” she asks him softly, sitting up slightly.

Zayn rushes over to her when she whimpers. “Annie, stay still.” He looks down at her as concern washes over his face. “Do you need anything?”

She shakes her head. “I just want to go home.”

Zayn’s expression hardens. “I’m going to make sure you go home,” he promises sternly. It’s a promise he intends to keep.

“But not with him, please,” she begs. Tears start down her face. She is terrified of her father. She doesn’t want to be anywhere near him, let alone live with him.

Zayn carefully sits on the edge of her bed and puts his arm around her. He gently wipes her tears away as he begins to talk. “I’m not going to let him or any of his bastard minions hurt you,” he says to her. “I’m going to protect you from everything. I’m not going to let anything hurt you; not even him.”

She leans into his side and lets out a shaky breath. “I missed you so much.”

Zayn leans down and kisses her lips gently. “He’s not going to hurt you.”

She looks into his eyes. Her own vision is blurred by the tears escaping from her eyes. “We can’t have it all. Something is going to happen to break us apart. We’re destine to be torn apart. Why does everything keep happening to us?”

“Nothing bad is going to happen anymore, I promise,” he tells her calmly. “I’m going to fix all this shit. I’m going to fix us. All this hell will be over soon.”

She kisses his cheek and then rests her head on his chest. “I love you.”

He smiles down at her. He hasn’t heard those three words in what feels like forever. “I love you, too.”

------------------------

Reunited and it feels sooo goooood.

There you have it.

Thank you to AnnieStyleson123 (Chapter is dedicated to you) & 1DBieberBeast (next chapter is dedicated to you) for helping me with parent names(:

So know we know why AJ has to live with her father, Sonny and her mother, Anabelle, lost her job. Poop.

Guesses on what is going to happen? Comment below!

And lastly, you guys are amazing. The amount of comments/votes/reads this already has is mind blowing. Like I cant even. Thank you all sooooo soooooo much!

But, I hate to do this, but I’m going to have to ask for a certain amount of votes/comments for the next update because it’ll give me more time to write and with school and stuff.

So, I’m going to ask for 199 votes because the last chapter has 253 as of now, so I think 199 is good… And then 99 comments. Commenting more than once is cheating, I'm watching you. So when this chapter hits both of those, I will write :3 

Check out the song and gif on the side! Both are near and dear to my heart.

Okay, so love you guys, you’re all amazing!

Comment, vote and fan/follow! :) xx