Chapter 71 : 'I Love You'

Start from the beginning

Kiyotaka, who took note of this subtle action, mentally smirked to himself before letting out his warm breath on Horikita's ears, while whispering in her ears.

"Since you did a very good job, a reward is pending, don't you think? What would you like, Suzune? "

As soon as he uttered her name in such a smooth, husky tone, completely foreign to his usual self, Horikita's face immediately turned red as her pupils imaginarily started swirling in shock.

"A-ayanokouji-kun?!"

"What is it?"

Despite Kiyotaka's face looking just like it usually does, for some reason there was a glint of something different in his eyes at that moment. They were not as dull as they usually were.

'A sense of need? Maybe a sense of want?

Nobody looked at me, ever with that kind of gaze...

It's something.....different.

I, Horikita Suzune was a girl who never received 'that' sort of affection her whole life. Of course my parents and her brother loved me, but we were family after all...Who doesn't love their own family?

But, what about my peers?

I had friends in Kindergarten and Primary School...But were we really friends? Since none of them are in touch with me after we were not classmates anymore. So, as for the answer to the question? In the end, were we friends? No. They were just classmates who enjoyed each other's as well as my presence and vice versa.

And when we had to switch schools, these small moments we created with one another, instantly became forgettable as we went on our venture to make more new memories. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for Junior High...Yeah...it is best to not touch that matter. It's a time of my life, which should be kept within the doors of the deepest pits within my heart and that door should never open again.

So, if someone looks at it in that way, in terms of people of her own age, I, Horikita Suzune, was always alone...without anyone by my side. For some time, I had one Kushida Kikyou by my side, but everyone knows what happened between us. So it's better to leave it like that.

But everything about my surroundings and my social life changed when I joined Advanced Nurturing High School. When I came to hear the knowledge of me being eligible to study in the same school as nii-san, I was just happy with that fact and prepared myself for another three years without any social interaction with my colleagues and just planned to live a mundane life, with the sole purpose of improving and taking care of myself...

But fortunately for me....Ayanokouji-kun happened.

Just one out of character "Good Morning" greeting which I never did with anyone else, changed my entire social life as well as my mental health.

Surprisingly, I have friends now...I have people on whom I can rely upon without feeling weak or guilty.. Nii-san is proud of me and treats me way better than I could ever imagine...

And...it all happened because of this man, in front of me...

Everything that he did for me...How could I ever repay it? How could I be of help to him? Every night before I go to sleep, I think of these questions to myself and I could never find any answers...

Because in the end, Ayanokouji-kun doesn't need any help. He is the best at everything. So, how can someone like me, who is inferior to him, in every single way....have even the right to think about helping him?'