"Bambom...?"

It was a peaceful day in the 3rd dimension, the Gods were watching over their creations in separate realms, Creation watched his children thrive from his throne, his singular eye glistening with slight hope. Destruction was watching their children from their throne as well, but their gaze was devoid of hope. Instead, it was filled with an aching hatred towards humanity and all life forms. 

The Gods' youngest creation, Bambom, was peacefully in his realm, sitting on a picnic blanket with one of his best friends Ringi. Bambom was eating a strawberry in peace while Ringi ate a tuna sandwich. Ringi watched as Bambom got strawberry jam around his cheek and chuckled. 
"Seems like 'ya enjoyed that strawberry, huh?" Ringi asked the boy.
Bambom looked up at the teenager and gave him a toothy grin before nodding happily. "Uh-huh! It tasted sooo good!"
Ringi smiled; he always loved the child's enthusiasm and cheerful demeanour, it reminded him of himself as he was the personification of serotonin. No wonder they were close. 
Ringi was just about to finish his sandwich when he felt Bambom tug his clothes. Ringi was taken aback not expecting Bambom to crawl over to him. Ringi looked down at the boy and looked into his innocent sky blue eyes. 
Bambom grinned and rested his head against Ringi's chest, wrapping his hands around him. 
"I love you Ringi," Bambom mumbled, his grip gentle on Ringi's clothes but also a bit tight, like a very young child clinging to their parent. 
Ringi couldn't help but let a smile form on his face. He gently wrapped one of his arms around the boy pulling him close protectively. 
"I love ya too, little berry," Ringi replied, using the nickname he always called Bambom ever since he first met the boy. 

Ringi's grip on the child suddenly went firm as he felt an unfamiliar aura seep across the entire dimension. 
"Oh no..."
"What's wrong, Ringi?" Bambom asked innocently looking up at Ringi. Ringi got out of his thoughts when the child spoke and he looked down at Bambom uncertain how to respond. 
"A bad being is here...we have to hide." Ringi replied, trying to keep a calm demeanour, though deep inside his heart was beating right out of his chest, he was scared for the young boy's life. He was scared for the other beings' lives. Hell, he was scared for his gods' lives. 
Ringi stood up and tried to take a run for it, but the aura crept closer to them, and closer. 
Bambom looked up from Ringi's arms and froze at who he saw. It was a 2D being, but the aura that came off them was...deadly. Tears came through Bambom's eyes as he held onto Ringi tightly.
"I don't wanna die, Ringi!" Bambom screamed as he saw the being get closer, teleporting at every step.
"I know my little berry, but I'll try to protect you, I promise--"
Ringi looked over and his eyes widened, a powerful blast was coming towards them, becoming dangerously close. Ringi quickly formed a shield around himself and Bambom, trying to hold off the powerful blast of chaos magic. 
Lord Expunged...lord Bandu...c'mon...
Ringi then had an idea, he closed his eyes and started to redirect the powerful blast towards the being blasting them off away and into a hard surface. He took this the time to stop surrounding him and Bambom with the shield and tried to make a run for it. He was almost out of the dimension--
"BAMBOM!" 
Bambom was forced out of Ringi's arms and towards the being as Ringi immediately ran towards the being. 
"GIVE HIM BACK!"
The being stared at the approaching Ringi, and rolled its eyes.
"What a pathetic lifeform...you care for such a good-for-nothing child. . . he is in my way."
Tears escaped Ringi's eyes as he tried to use his magic to fight against the being, but the being blocked almost all of Ringi's attacks and shoved him away. Ringi's heart stopped.
"H-how..?!"

Watching the being heartlessly murder the small child made Ringi's heart break into a million pieces. His body went limp, and tears continued to rush down his face. A heartful shriek rang throughout the dimension. 
"BAMBOM!"
Ringi ran towards the being and noticed that they were starting to vanish. Ringi's heart started to fill up with a bit of hope. The Gods heard him. His Fathers heard him at last! As the being disappeared Ringi caught Bambom's body and dropped to his knees tears streaming down his cheeks.
"Bambom...I..."
"I-I'm so sorry..."
Ringi held the dying child close as his heart ached and his hands trembled. 
That.. fucking BASTARD!