Chapter 2

“So is it true you guys screwed up so bad that you have parole officers now?” Shimizu Kiyoko asked. “Haha very funny Kiyoko.” Daichi rolled his eyes. “But yeah. Apparently we have to have someone Keeping an eye on us to make sure we stay out of trouble. Otherwise we’re benched.” Kuroo groaned. Kiyoko chuckled as she looped her arm around her girlfriend, Yachi Hitoka. “We’re supposed to meet them today.” Komori told her. “Good luck. Don’t scare them off.” Kiyoko joked. “Please pardon the interruption but could the following students please report to the counselor’s office?” The guys groaned as the counselor called out their names one by one. “Bye guys.” Kiyoko smiled. The guys waved at Kiyoko before trudging to the counselor’s office.

-

When they got to the counselor’s office their coach was waiting for them with Takeda. “Hey Coach.” Semi waved. “Hey guys. This is Ittetsu Takeda.” The guys bowed saying hello to Takeda who smiled. “It's nice to meet all of you.” He smiled. “So who are our ummm?” Bokuto paused trying to find the right word. “Student aids. That’s what I prefer to call them.” Takeda smiled. “Hey Takeda you called for us?” A silver haired male walked in followed by a group of guys. Woah he’s pretty. “Oh Suga, perfect timing. Yes these are the guys I need you to keep an eye on.” Takeda smiled. Oh so they’re our student aids. “Alright guys Takeda and I have some things to discuss so for now just introduce yourselves to each other.” Ukai said before he and Takeda left the room.

The two groups stood in front of each other motionless. “Well it's nice to finally meet you guys. I’m Sugawara Koushi but you can just call me Suga for short.” The silver haired male smiled. “Nice to meet you guys too. I’m Sawamura Daichi.” Daichi told him. “So how does this whole thing work?” Yamagata asked. “Well our advisor Takeda gave us a bucket and we each drew a name to choose who we’re gonna be assigned to.” Suga told them. “Ah alright then.” Kuroo nodded. “Alright so which one of you is Yamagata Hayato?” A ginger haired male with dark brown eyes wearing glasses asked. “That would be me.” Yamagata told him. “Alright. I’m Kawanishi Taichi.” The ginger haired male told him. Yamagata walked over to Taichi and stood by his side.

“Are any of you named Sakusa Kiyoomi?” A blonde male with brown eyes asked. “That’d be him.” Bokuto pointed at Sakusa. “Sweet I’m Miya Atsumu.” The blonde smiled. “Tsumu?!” Osamu asked, shocked. “Oh hey bro.” Atsumu waved smiling. “Tsumu, you know him?” Taichi asked. “Yeah he’s my twin brother.” Atsumu smiled. “Oh guess that means he’s Miya Osamu.” A dark brown haired male with lazy green eyes said plainly. “Yeah why?” Osamu asked. “I’m your student aid. My name is Suna Rintaro.” The male told him. Osamu walked over to Suna and stood next to him. “Ummm Bokuto Kotaro?” A male with gunmetal blue eyes asked. “Hey hey hey that’s me!” Bokuto smiled. “Nice to meet you. I’m Akaashi Keiji.” The blue eyed male bowed. Bokuto jumped to Akaashi’s side resting his arm on his shoulder. “Anyone named Komori Motoya?” A short male with gunmetal gray eyes asked. “Me.” Komori waved. The male hopped over to his side and stood next to him. “Nice to meet ya. I’m Akagi Michinari.” He smiled.

Cute. Komori smiled. “Umm Kuguri Naoyasu?” A short male with middle parted black hair asked. “Me.” Kuguri nodded. “Okay. I’m Shibayama Yuuki.” The ravenette waved. Suga patted Shibayama’s head, smiling. “Oikawa Tooru?” A male with spiky dark brown hair asked. “Yahoo~” Oikawa smiled. “Iwaizumi Hajime.” The male nodded. “Erm Semi Eita?” A male with crooked bangs asked. “Me.” Semi waved. “Okay. I’m Shirabu Kenjiro.” the male told him. “Yaku Morisuke?” A tall male with bright green eyes asked. “Hey.” Yaku waved. “Hi! I’m Haiba Lev.” The male smiled brightly. Yaku looked the male up and down, taking in how tall he was. “Tendou Satori?” A tall muscular male asked. “At your service.” Tendou bowed. “Nice to meet you. I’m Ushijima Wakatoshi.” The male told him.

“Kuroo Tetsurou?” A short male with black and blonde hair asked. “Yo.” Kuroo waved. “Ah. I’m Kozume Kenma.” The boy told him. Kuroo nodded as Kenma walked over to him standing by his side. “Guess that leaves Hirugami Sachiro.” A small white haired male said, placing his hands on his hips. “That’d be me.” Hirugami waved. “Nice. I’m Hoshiumi Korai.” He smiled as he moved to stand next to Hirugami. “So that means Suga is paired with me right?” Suga nodded. “Alright welp see ya later.” The volleyball players went to leave the room. “Hang on a minute.” Ukai’s voice piped. “We want to explain how this program works before you guys go back to class.” Takeda told them.

The guys stopped and turned to face Ukai and Takeda. “So how exactly does this whole student aid thing work exactly?” Kuguri asked. “During the school day your aids will be with you to keep you out of trouble. If they catch you breaking any rules they will report it to me or your coach.” Takeda started. “So they’re basically gonna hang around us all day like lost puppies?” Semi asked. “Not quite. Given they’re students as well they can’t be in your classes to keep an eye on you. However, the teachers have been told to report any misconduct to them if they see it.” The guys nodded. “And they’ve agreed to help you guys catch up in all of your classes since you’ve missed four weeks of school. So you’ll be spending lunch in the library with them.” The guys groaned at this.

“Anything else?” Daichi asked. “No, that's all. You guys are free to head back to class.” Takeda smiled. The guys nodded and left the office to head back to class. “So we’ve basically got these aids following us around like lost puppies all day. Fantastic.” Semi grumbled. “Better than being benched for the entire inter high tournament.” Yaku told him. “Fair point.” Semi sighed. “Good luck dealing with my brother Sakusa.” Osamu chuckled. “Geez how bad is he?” Sakusa asked. “All in all he’s not a bad guy. Just a pain in the ass.” Osamu laughed. “Damn.” Kuguri laughed.

-

“How long do ya think it’ll take them to start breaking rules?” Atsumu asked. “My guess? They won’t last a day.” Suna said, typing on his phone. “Oh come on, have a little faith in them.” Suga chuckled. “Oh please, those guys are the resident troublemakers of the school.” Shirabu rolled his eyes. “They're kinda scary to me.” Shibayama admitted. “Oh don’t worry about them Shiba. They’re just a bunch of stupid high school boys trying to act cool.” Taichi told him. “Who knows maybe we can make them stop breaking rules for good.” Lev smiled. “I wouldn’t go that far Lev but we can try our best.” Akagi laughed.