Screaming

Warning : bad chapter bc I'm really tired from practice and sorry it took so long but my birthday just passed whoohoo hbd to me. What do I want, you ask? Daniel Radcliffe. Leave him on my front door, thanks love you bye ;)

Hermione cuddled her small and slightly bruised face into the crook of Harry's neck, and breathed out a long sigh as he choked a few more sobs over the elf's hand written grave. Her scarred hand reached upwards and ran through the curly locks of his black hair. Even though she was the one protecting him, she felt so much safer.

Her lips pressed to his forehead as she pushed out a quiet whisper to him, but his whimpers and cries only sounded more and more torturous by the passing moments. Hermione cringed at the noises he was making but refrained from grasping onto his body tighter, because she would hurt herself.

     "Ssh," Hermione stated quietly. "It's alright Harry." She looked down into his lap to see a dainty piece of glass laying there, with a bit of blood on the side. He was grasping it firmly, and Hermione had to press her lips firmly together and shut her eyes so that everything would not kick in and upset her. She had just gotten back from being brutally interrogated

They had buried Dobby whilst Hermione remained inside the cabin, getting her hair trimmed evenly by Luna. She hadn't yet looked in the mirror, but why bother, when she knew that she would burst in to tears. She didn't need anymore tears at the moment. For now, she was fine, cradling Harry into her small weak body as he let out all of the pain and misery that he had done so well holding in. For now, she was fine, with her small frame hovering over his while her arms wrapped around his face.

But every human knew, that sometimes you just had to let it all out. She had no idea how long she had stayed there embracing him, but the next time she broke out of her trance the sun was dipping into the water horizon graciously. She looked down. Harry's face was softly nuzzled into Hermione's chest, which made her blush slightly, only from instinct, though. He looked so peaceful, asleep. But Hermione being the obnoxiously stubborn best friend that she was, nudged his shoulder. He stirred, and groaned, and wrapped his arms around Hermione's small waist.

     "Mhmm.." He managed, although his voice sounded muffled because his mouth was buried into Hermione's thin sweater.

     "Harry, we've been here for hours. I can't feel my feet at all, and I'm pretty sure I have grains of sand in my-"

     "I would get up, but your body is so soft and spongelike." Harry smiled into Hermione's body, his head now sliding down onto the top of her thigh. "Please, just let me stay here for another minute...or hour...or day...or year.." As he dosed off.

     "I would, but after that credible insult you made of calling me spongey, I must decline. Come on, up." Hermione reached her arm up to playfully shove him off of her, but Harry strode forewords and grabbed her arm. Hermione yelped in pain as sharp discomfort shot up her forearm and spread throughout her body. She clutched her scarred arm in pain and grimaced at the indescribable feeling. Grimacing, she

Harry sat up in question and gazed at her. "Mione what's wrong?"

     "Nothing. I'm fine. I'm going to go inside," Hermione sighed through clenched teeth, and instantly rose from the heaping piles of sand, and shielded her eyes with her arm as the wind violently blew the sand into a swarm.

     "Hermione, wait!" Harry called.

Hermione's wound seemed to be opening by the second. Just tearing apart ruthlessly and splitting every inch of skin that Hermione had ever cherished. "Stop, Harry! Just let me be!" The wind howled louder and the sky turned black. Hermione remembered that she hated black. And then she remembered why. She swore at her pain and stumbled as the blood began to spill from the letters that would forever be cut into Hermione's shattered soul.