Chapter 32: One True Love

Start from the beginning

There was a long silence. He was just staring at me surprised, tongue-tied to say the least.

I ignored him as I felt like a needle pinching in my belly. I winched as it's getting painful each second. I rub my belly with my one hand trying to sooth the pain. I was looking down on my tummy. I didn't see his face lit up with happiness after my declaration.

When Alex saw me wincing he walked quickly to my side and hold my waist and led me to the couch. He helps me sit and I leaned my back on the couch still rubbing my belly. The pain was still there but it wasn't as painful as a minute ago.

"I'm sorry, Nicki. I didn't mean to stress you out."

"Really?" I scoffed, cocking my eyebrow. I can't contain getting irritated when I see his face. Really. I love him, but it irritates me when I see him.

"I Love you, baby," he whispered softly and he kissed my head. Then, he squats so he's level to me. He rubs my belly as he talked to the baby.

"I'm sorry, baby. Daddy made mommy angry and you. Don't hurt mommy, alright? Daddy already had hurt mommy a lot. And, daddy regretted it." He uttered audibly and kissed my belly as he continued rubbing it. It seems my baby understand Alex that the pain diminish. "Daddy was too jealous because your mommy was a bull-headed-"

I involuntarily slapped my palm down on his forehead I looked down at him, scowling. "Aww.," he whined touching his forehead with his scrunched eyes.

"Watch your mouth!" I glared at him.

"Alright, boss!" he lifts his hands in surrender and, I scowled at him.

He quickly look down on my belly and kiss it again. "Mommy is a li-"

"ALEX?" I warned through clenched teeth. Why do I feel like everything he does is irritating?

"Daddy and mommy love you so much, sweetheart," he muttered softly and he bends down again to kissed my belly again before he stood up and occupied the spot beside me. A part of me was touched.

"Did you really mean everything you just said?" he asked hopefully. His eyes were full of passion and love. It seems like the big fight didn't happen just a minute ago. The pain in my chest I kept for a long time was lifted out and I felt so much better and for some reasons, I felt exuberant, well except that I get irritated too easily at him.

Oh.. I hate this hormonal imbalance.

I was staring at Alex's face, memorizing every bit of it. I can stare at his gorgeous face all day as long as he doesn't talk. He was a perfect epitome of a Greek God. I just love him so much.

"Nicki ..." I heard his deep rich voice straight to my heart, that even at closed eyes I would recognize. His eyes are scrunched, worries etched all over his face. I didn't realize I was silent for a while.

I nod my head in agreement. He pulled me to his chest in excitement forgetting the pain I'm feeling just a moment ago. The pain was gone. I hug him back. Our hearts was beating loudly. He looks so happy. He cupped my face with his two hands and kiss my lips tenderly. I didn't object as I miss his kisses too.

"You just made me the happiest man in the world, Nicki! Now will you marry me?" he asked as he knelt down again on the floor pulling out the box from his pocket.

I chuckled.

I think this is his favorite line today. I guess, I'm gonna hear it again.

"Not, until you apologize to them and, hire them back," I negotiated as I cock my eyebrow. He groaned in disapproval as he stood up. He rakes his hair with his fingers while his other hand rested on his hips, grunting frustratedly. I smirk, I knew I won the battle.