Chapter 32: One True Love

Start from the beginning

He knelt down on his knees as he pulled the red box out of his pocket. "Will you marry me, Nikki?" he gulped inaudibly, with his eyes pleading locking his eyes on mine. My heart was pounding loudly. I wanted to say yes, but I need to make sure he was sure of this. I found my voice after a few minutes debating what to tell.

"Get up! You need to apologize to these people you fired and hire them back. Colton has been your friend. Those innocent people have nothing to do with your problem so don't throw fit unto them. If you have a problem with me then talk to me." I pulled him up, ignoring the happiness slowly crawling within me, that familiar tingles only his touch could trigger.

His eyes thinned and his lips twitched in exasperation. He put the ring back in his pocket and pace back and forth.

"I don't apologize to my employees, Nikki. It's not in my rules." He grumbled under his throat -enough for my grasp, not bothering to look at me as he walked behind his chair and watch through the mirrored window wall.

"For heaven's sake, Alex. Don't you get it? I understand that you are the boss, but you should also know that these people you are bossing around has feelings, has a heart, just like you! Have you ever been considerate to them?" I asked, trying to make sense here. "I wanted you to be at least, a little bit solicitous to them. I hate it when you are a controller and not even thinking that you are already treating everybody like a robot or a toy." I ranted angrily, I couldn't contain the rising temper. He turned around and look at me. His face was giving me nothing away. I don't know how he felt after telling it. I don't know if my words had hit his nerves or it just evaporates into thin air. He really is good in masking his emotions either and it frustrates me to no end.

"What do you want me to do?" he asked flatly. No emotions laced with his words.

"Apologize to them. Then, hire them back. They didn't do anything to deserve your wrath," I replied tersely with my voice rising.

"Is it because of Colton? You love him, do you?" he asked acidly as he smirked sarcastically making me infuriated. The scowl on his face became prominent.

I puff an air in frustrations. He didn't really get it. It's frustrating, to be honest. "Colton is just a friend to me, alright? And, he knew that from the very beginning. He was a good friend and I know he was your good friend, too!" I uttered earnestly as I tried to control my temper.

"Oh really? That's why you ran here when you found out that he was fired? You're such a sweet friend," he sarcastically scoffed, mockingly, giving me his cold eyes. I could see hurt in his eyes. For that moment, I felt our heart fused, but the thought of his words, mocking me, just blow me up. Then I lost it!

I was enraged with his sarcastic retort. This bastard doesn't even know how much he mean to me, that it hurts so much to love him knowing he doesn't deserve not even a concern, much more love. My temper flared up and I didn't realize I'm already talking in a high pitch voice.

"I never understand why this damn feeling I felt for you was still there even though how many times on many occasion you had hurt me. It was still there,..." My index finger jabbing my chest furiously, "engraved and tattooed! I wanted to hate you but it's hard. I wanted to forget you but I can't and it grew deeper to my likings. How can you say to me that I love him? That every guy who wanted to win this heart failed miserably. BECAUSE THIS HEART BELONGS TO YOU SINCE THE FIRST TIME I SAW YOU. UNTIL NOW! YES, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HEART WAS STILL INLOVE WITH YOU!" I yelled forgetting about Alana who might be listening right now, with my thinning eyes looking at him venomously, killing him in my head silently. I just wanted to open it up before my chest explode. After my confession, I felt so much better. I know I shouldn't have said it, but it feels so much better than keeping it there. I have kept it for a long time.