iii.

C H A P T E R T H R E E // "Shut the fuck up, Kiara. Live a little hey."

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

"Holy shit," Was all Kiara muttered after finding out that her best-friend had a twin sister. When Kiara had frowned her eyebrows at John B, i could tell that confusion riddled her gut, in which he only returned a simple shrug. Why did he never tell her that he had a twin sister? Did it never occur that, is was information she should know?

Kiara never seen me around i guess, so it would make sense that she didn't know. From what i've gathered Kiara grew up on the figure 8 most of her childhood, and she had only joined The Pogues for the past year. Pope pushed a little faster on the engine, making the boat go slightly faster then the way we were already treading. "Hey Pope, go a little more faster, aye'?" JJ had asked, moving to the tip of the boat, he was now standing on the edge, tipping his beer towards his mouth, with his arm being away from his lips, it lead to the beer flying back into everyone's faces. "You're getting beer in my hair!" Kiara exclaimed, hint of frustration in her voice. 

I took this opportunity to join JJ on the tip of the boat, she stood next to him, giving him a smile. "Here tip, your elbow down slightly." I spoke, doing the same actions as him, but with my elbow down slightly. We started laughing amongst each other, the wind gushing along our skin, the beer flying everywhere, only a slight bit going into our mouths. "Alright, enough!" Pope yelled over the wind to us, but before we could reply, we were smacked into the river. 

I went down hard, going down lower than JJ. I could see him rise to the top of the surface, but i was down longer as I could feel my leg being tugged down more. I looked down to see my foot wrapped up in seaweed, I wanted to groan at the mess i've been caught in, but doing that would cause water to fill my mouth. I was running out of air and fast. But I was stuck, I couldn't get out of this one. The more I pulled my leg, the more air I was starting to loose. 

I was a swimmer growing up, did the whole swim meets in high school. Then I was a surfer in the summer. John B would teach me how to hold my breathe underwater since they we were children, he wanted me to be able to hold my breath incase I ever got caught under a wave, which only happened to me a few times over the summers and usually John B was there to help me out. But this time, I was alone, until I had seen JJ. 

JJ swooped down and pulled me tight. He pushed off the rock next to me and I could feel my foot snap away from the seaweed and the closer I was seeing the top of the water, the more I could feel the air leaving my body. 

Gasping for air, like it was my last breath.

I gasped for air the moment I felt the sun shinning on my skin. "Fuck me," I whispered, in between breaths. "You alright, Dove?" John B asked, he had his hand out towards me, leaning half off the boat as JJ and I swam to the boat. I was still struggling to even have the strength to breath as I was still trying to absorb air into my lungs, when John B had pulled me up onto to the boat, he had investigated my body, head-to-toe, then when I received a nod it indicated that I was alright, even though I could feel that I was fine. Only a few scratches on my ankle, from the tight wrapped seaweed. "Peachy," I replied with a slight smile. He gave me one in return, letting his hands sit on my shoulders for a few moments longer. "What, no, oh my god thank-you JJ for saving my life. I must give my shinning knight in amor, a lovely kiss to show my gratitude." JJ mimicked, he had clearly remembered the few romantic movies that we had watch together when we were younger.