New Goal, Training, and Tell The World Who You Are

2 Days Later, UA Infirmary

Izuku's POV

Pain. That's all I felt when I woke up. I blearily opened my eyes, and while I had wrapping on my face, even the dim lights seemed bright. I groaned in pain, as I shut my eyes tightly. I heard the quick clicking of heels on tile, and the quiet rustling of the partition," Ah... You're awake" I heard Recovery Girl murmur, as she shut the partition behind her, and started checking me over," Izuku, I need you to open your eyes for me, okay?" she said as she began cutting away the fabric.

I hesitantly opened my eyes, and while the dim lights seemed less bright, they still hurt. I looked over at Recovery Girl, and all I could see was sadness," Well... Your eyes are better, though your left one will be swollen for a few days." She said, then crossed her arms," I just wish this whole... situation never happened.." She said, with a sigh. She grabbed a clipboard, and a pen from a side table.

"...Grandma..." I murmured, and she looked at me, with an eyebrow raised, "Are they...Are they okay..? The students...?" I asked.

"They're okay, dear... Just rest, okay? I'll periodically check in on you, and have something brought up to you by Lunch Rush." She said as she jotted down some notes, nodding to herself, before stepping out, and the lights shut off entirely.

I lay my head back and close my eyes, trying to fall back asleep... yet my thoughts are flooded with images of Shigaraki and Chisaki...and Eri...

The feeling of failure overwhelmed me as I stared at the ceiling...

__________________________________________________________

It was 5 hours later, and I still hadn't slept, when the sun started filtering in through the window. The door opened and quiet voices filtered in, "Yes, come in..." Recovery Girl said, as footsteps came in, "He will only be able to be pushed around, but...-" The conversation turned quiet again before the clack of heels came closer.

The divider opened a tad, as Recovery Girl stuck her head in," Izuku, dear, your family is here."

I absently nodded, as I kept staring at the ceiling," Alright, go ahead, but... take it slow, I think he's still in shock." Recovery Girl said quietly and opened the divider all the way," I'll go inform Shouta and the others" She said, as the sound of her heels made their way out of the room.

"Izuku....?" I heard Mom shakily ask. I turned my head slowly to the right and caught her face. She looked terrible, dark bags lay under her eyes. Izumi looked just as terrible, and Dad looked haunted, with a side of desperation. Grandpa and Ankh stood to the side discussing quietly.

"Hi, mom..." I rasped. That set her off, as she and Izumi started crying again, and they hugged me tightly. I tried hugging them back, but... I couldn't...

"So...i-it did happen.." I rasped, coughing slightly," T-they're gone..."

"Izuku...My son...I'm-"

"Dad...i-it's my fault... I shouldn't have tried to engage him... I-" I tried saying, as I started coughing harder. Mom grabbed a cup, and filled it with water, putting it to my lips, "Drink." she said softly but firmly.

I slowly sipped, allowing the cool water to quench my dry throat. I cleared my throat a few times, quietly thanking Mom, "Dad-"

"Izuku," Grandpa said suddenly, walking over. He made his way over, pulling a chair up, and sitting down. He placed a hand on my thigh," You knew that when you took the mantle of Kamen Rider, that it was going to be a tough road. You've just hit your first fork. Every Rider has... What are you going to do?" He asked me.

I bit my lip before sniffling, and nodding," I need to see this out...and that means protecting the kids." I said, attempting to sit up.

After 5 minutes of arguing about me walking, or being pushed, I was eventually forced into a wheelchair and pushed to the elevator. As we ascended, I thought about who I brought back...