Day 2

Storm Ryder

May 17, 2046

8:56 a.m.

Jackson Avenue Middle School

Axel Township

New Jersey

USA

'Honestly, I don't even know WHAT to write about. Mr. Jackson, you should have not agreed to Mia Stacy's idea for keeping a diary instead of doing a project. Like, what the HECK were you thinking!?! Ok, I'm just gonna write random stuff then!! Ok, here I go-It's just a normal day here in Axel Township, New Jersey.' I write on the first page of my diary. 'There is nobody trying to kill each other, like some townships that I know. Oh, and my BEST-EST FRIEND IN LIFE, Jessica Aster, won the National Spelling bee last night, too!! Ha!! Beat THAT Spartans!! Go Wolves!! Whoop-Whoop!! Well anyways, I have and English test on Johnny Tremain, courtesy of Jamie Aster, Jess's father. They butt heads every time in class when she doesn't like to do a subject he wants the class to do. I mean, Jess is every kid's guardian angel in my class!! Ugh, I sound Bipolar, talking about so many different stuff!! Lol. Well now I have to stu-'

"Hey, yo Storm!!" Someone says. I jump and look up. Axel, my boyfriend, is heading towards me with a bag with a burger painted on the front with part of his football team and their girlfriends trailing behind. I smile, telling them that I know that of their presence and stuck my pencil in my diary. I hate this. I had never even written in a diary, never even cared to look at one. Thank you, Mia Stacy for making my life miserable!! "Hey, Ryder, you listening?!" Axel practically yells in my ear. I jump, never even realizing that they were already there.

"What the jelly?" I say. Yep. What the jelly. I am very weird so I say weird crap. Deal with it. Axel rolls his eyes.

"So the football team and I are going on an away game in two days, so I can't come to Izzy's birthday party. Can you tell her that I'm sorry? PLEASE!!" Axel whines, disappointing that he can't come to my younger sister's, Isabella, Izzy for short, birthday party.

"Hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, and hi." I say to everyone. They wave back. I turn to Axel. "Fine. Wait. Who's playing?" I ask. My school's team was called the Wolves. And I love wolves, I might add.

"The Wolves vs. The Vampires." Axel says. "Our enemies. Remember what happened last year when we beat them?!" Last year The Wolves won against The Vampires 32-5. They were so pissed that they basically kidnapped our mascot, my pet/wild wolf named Survivor from my house, and our Principal, Myriah Edwards. Don;t ask why I own a wolf. I don't know either.

"Ok, so getting down to business. What's in the bag? I smell fries and burgers." I say.

"And you are right, my Little Alpha. Now," He says, while opening the bag. As if on cue, my stomach growls louder than Survivor. "Let's go eat!! To Narnia!!!"

"To Narnia!!" I repeat. A few years ago we acted so stupid and now our stomachs are called Narnia. Don't ask about that either. That is something that this world does not need to know. The rest of the guys laugh and and repeat what we said. Then they open their own bags and the loved art of eating has begun.

An hour and a half later Axel, the gang, and I were pushing ourselves towards our lockers. I said bye to the guys and left to go to English while they went to Math, Art, Music, you name it. I don't want to go to English. That is where that bull test awaits me.

But we need to have a sacrifice before we get stronger. My mind says. I roll my eyes and watch as everyone trickles in the room. I spy Jess and wave at her. She waves back and takes her seat next to me.

Help me. I say with my eyes.

Jess rips out a paper from her notebook. No can do. I just got recently grounded. She writes.

"Jess, Storm, begin your tests before I give you both detention. And Jess, do you want that to be four weeks of being grounded?" Mr. Aster says.

"No dad. I would rather take this crappy test. And without further a-do. The Jess-miester will begin this test." Jess says. I cover my mouth to not laugh. Mr. Aster rolls his eyes.

"BEGIN!!" He yells. I jump and look at the first question on my paper.

What is Johnny's middle name?.............