13 || A Journey's End, A New Life

"I swear to the Raiden Shogun, you seriously get on my fucking nerves."

"Yes, yes. I love you too, Heizou. In a brother way. Don't take that the wrong way."

"What if I DO? Hm? ACK!"

Sara bonked Heizou on the head and glared at him. She conveyed the message, "Shut the fuck up before I ban you from Ritou and you know what happens if you can't come to Ritou?" Heizou immediately went quiet. He obviously knew what she was telling him.

Y/n smiled at her two closest friends. It had been a long time since she heard Heizou's teasing and saw Sara being overprotective in a subtle way. Suddenly, as if she had a eureka moment, Y/n ran onto the Crux and came back dragging Kazuha behind her.

"You two probably, most likely, know Kazuha, right? Now, since you two are my best friends and Kazuha is now my boyfriend, I hope the three of you can get along."

The tenryou members agreed quickly, knowing Y/n's temper could get the better of her if they didn't. Kazuha nodded with a smile like he didn't have a care in the world. Of course, a little tension between at least Sara and Kazuha was to be expected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The four walked around Ritou and talked about upcoming plans and recent events. Although there were a few friendly arguments here and there, they had a great time.

"You two should come back for the Irodori Festival!"

"It's just speculation right now, Heizou."

"Come on. I've heard Lady Guuji's really set on holding the festival and there's no way the Yashiro Commission would turn down an event to lighten the people's moods after the vision hunt decree ended!"

Y/n shrugged and continued to walk on the edge of the sidewalks. She had heard about the rumors that the Irodori Festival would take place this year, but had decided to ignore them since they were, after all, just rumors. Usually during the Festival, invites are sent out to people of all kinds from different nations as a special guest, or something like that. Y/n glanced at Kazuha and figured he would probably be invited.

"Kazuha, can't you convince her to come to the festival? You are dating after all."

The samurai laughed in response. "I'm sure you'd know how to convince her better than I can. Y/n's pretty stubborn."

"I never said I wasn't going!"

"So you're coming?"

"I never said that either, Sara!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(One Year Later...)*