𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

Start from the beginning

"I'm lucky to have you as my best friend, Kie,"

"And I'll pay," I mumbled, grabbing my credit card from my pocket before she stopped me. "No, this is gonna be your gift for growing a pair to ask him out,"

My best friend, Kiara, paid for all of our snacks and drinks, and we both headed for the double glass door.

"No sign of Makayla and Crain, so that's good." Kiara chuckled while I heard her click her Snapple open. "It's a refreshing sign," I smirked, pointing my finger toward her water bottle.

"Ew, that was a punny ass joke, Madalyn." she giggled before she took a quick sip from her cold beverage.

"Actually, if you think about it, he asked me out," I mumbled while I ripped open my chocolate bar.

"What do you mean?"

"He confessed his feelings and he asked me to be his girlfriend," I explained, watching her brown eyes widen. "Woah, bold JJ coming through!" she giggled.

"Where did you guys talk?" she asked. "At the beach," I smirked, knowing exactly what she was going to think.

"That's romantic. Did you guys kiss," she asked, earning in me to let out a small scoff. "Kiss? We did more than that." I muttered.

"Wait, what do you mean by more, Demie?" she gasped, softly clasping one of my shoulders. "We made out."

"Hold up! That escalated quickly. Was it soft, or heated? Like how did the kiss feel?" she questioned, wiggling her thick and brown eyebrows. "Passionate."

"Wow, I still can't believe it. My two favorite people, together finally." she cheered as I let out a small laugh.

"The kiss felt so wonderful," I whispered, remembering the moment I'd been waiting for, for a long time.

"And how'd it feel?" she asked, looking over at me. "Like fireworks? My stomach kept turning the entire time." I explained, hearing a breathy laugh slip from her lips.

"Oh, that's new."

"I don't know, it's just every time I see him my heart just jumps. I know that sounds cliche but I mean it." I whispered. "Someone's in love!" she cooed, playfully shoving my shoulder.

"I mean yeah. I don't wanna sound cringy, but I do love him," I whispered before I heard a large gasp come from her. "Love is in the air, Mad's. Clearly."

"Wait, I know this is off topic but, what the hell happened with you and JB?" I asked, bewildered by the slaps they gave each other.

"I don't know, I'm just so furious if Sarah's a part of this. Like isn't it the pouge mission? We all know what we are looking for, she doesn't."

"I know, but you know how John b is willing to do anything to find the gold whether it's selling his home or bringing in barbie," I explained. "Does he not understand that she hurt us?" she asked, making me feel a lot more backstabbed.

"I have no idea, I think he forgot,"

"I'm furious that he lied to us saying nothing is going on. But, Sarah is over here making out with his unconscious body," I explained as I slowly clutched my hand into a fist.

"Exactly, that's what I'm saying he lied then he expects us to be okay with the plan,"

"The more he lies, the more trust issue I fucking have," Kiara mumbled, letting a small huff slip from her lips. "Exactly."

"Hey, do you wanna go the long way? I wanna keep talking." Kiara questioned, stopping on the sidewalk leading to the street of the chateau, or the longer version around it.