Chapter 21 - Preparations and Reactions

Start from the beginning

Therefore, getting over her trauma was paramount.

"It's not like I don't understand, but are you sure this is how you want to go about it?" Dante asked.

"I must be able to act when around men, especially with the wave approaching." She reasoned.

"Well, I did promise to help however I can." Dante accepted her request.

The first time they tried it, however, didn't go well. Eclair couldn't move closer to Dante, and she continued to back away at his approach. She suggested he come at her from behind. When he did, he managed to wrap his arm around her stomach. Immediately after, she did everything in her power to remove him. Elbowing, headbutting, she even tried to bite him, not that any of it would work. He did end up releasing her, much to her relief and annoyance. They would continue to try many times throughout their stay.

Dante asked if she should start with JoJo or Keel, but she declined, saying Dante would be a stronger hurdle for combating her trauma. He wasn't particularly offended by that. Ignoring all he did before coming to this world, she did witness him devouring numerous people with his shield.

Sadeena asked why he would agree to something that looked like it might worsen her condition.

"Of course it's a bad idea." He told her. "But, it's a bad idea that I would have come up with, so of course I'll help her with it." It was similar to his own issue with his missing limb, though it was under entirely different circumstances.

They spent three days there. They trained, earned XP, lowered their levels, and earned it again. On the morning of the fourth day, they traveled back to the capital. They would complete a few tasks there, then be off to search for the seed and old martial artist.

They first went to Erhard's. With a new surplus of monster materials, they could get some nice things made. Sure, they would have a bit of a nautical theme, but that was fine. Some of the item drops were pretty good, so they only needed to get things they were lacking. Really, they were only there for estimates, given that Ann was making clothes for them. Once the others learned to transform and got their measurements , they could get outfitted.

However, the moment Dante entered the shop, an issue presented itself.

"Hey, Erhard!" Dante called to the man.

Instead of being greeted back, Erhard stepped from behind his counter and started shooing Dante and the others. "Get out." He said.

"Huh?" Dante watched as the blacksmith approached. "What are—"

"Out!" He yelled, pushing Dante. With his defense and strength, even Erhard would have some trouble, but Dante let himself get handled anyway. Once they were out of his shop, Erhard held his shoulder for a moment. "Sorry..." Was all he said before he went back inside.

Dante looked between Raphtalia, Keel, and Eclair. It was a bit strange.

Soon after, they found that others would turn them away as well.

"I can't buy from you." Simmond the apothecary told him.

"Sorry, dearie, I can't provide you any services." Agatha said.

As they walked around town, they found that none of the shops or vendors would deal with them, whether or not Dante was present.

Well, some people finally got their heads out of their asses and started messing with us. Seems like everyone here knows our faces and descriptions.

The only silver lining was that, while they didn't serve her, no one tried to apprehend Eclair. It seemed they only knew what the Shield Hero's armored companion wore, not who was underneath the armor.

The Wrong HeroOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara