twenty nine

-

-

Y/N WAITED anxiously in the car for max, hoping something doesn't happen.

"alright, it's been long enough." steve decided.

"steve, just give her some time." y/n says.

"i have, all right, l/n? i'm calling it. if she wants to get a lawyer, she can." steve replies, and starts walking towards max.

"max." steve calls. "time to giddy up, yeah?"

steve looks down at max, and shocked by what he saw.

he saw max sitting there, criss-crossed, not moving.

she was in a hallucination-like trance, her eyes faded to a foggy white color.

"max." steve places a hand on her shoulder, and began lightly shaking her. "max. max!"

however, max turned around, in vecna's world.

"max." max heard billy's voice call again.

"i've been waiting to hear those words, max." max hears again.

max nervously swallows an invisible lump in her throat.

she saw billy coming out of the fog, dressed exactly how he was the day he died, with blood covered on him.

"waiting so very long." billy continued as he walked closer to max.

in the real world, steve was still trying to shake max awake.

"wake up!" steve raises his voice, and starts shaking her harder. "hey!"

dustin, lucas, and y/n look over there, in realization.

"something's wrong.." y/n realizes, seeing steve shaking max.

"guys!" steve calls for them.

the three of them immediately start running over there, y/n more worried then ever.

in vecna's world, billy kept walking closer to max.

"but it wasn't the full truth, was it, max?" billy asks.

max started breathing shakily, in fear, as billy wiped a tear from her face.

"you know, i think there's a part of you, buried somewhere deep, that wanted me to die that day." billy continues, as max shook her head. "-that was maybe even relived."

"happy." billy added.

"billy, no, that's not true." max denies.

"that's why you stood there, isn't it, max?" billy asks. "it's okay. you can admit it now, no more lies, no more hiding."

"billy, that's not true, i swear, that's not true!" max pleads, as she started to back up.

"that is why you feel such guilt." billy continued.