Chapter 90 ~ T-Too close! He's being too close to me!!!

Start from the beginning

"...Alright. I never plan on forcing myself from her. But do you think I'm the biggest threat here?"

"I know you're not! But still..."

Alexus snorted and smirked at the little girl.

"I'll protect her from those girls too. Though... There's a limit to what I can do since they're both girls..."

"Hah... I'll try talking with the princess to protect her too..."

"Mm... That might be a good idea."

"Alright. C'ya. Don't return here again."

"..."

Kiara waved her hand slightly and returned into the embrace of her big sister. Her personality immediately changed back into her cutesy, adorable self that she exclusively reserved for her big sister.

After bidding their goodbyes once again, Alterisa climbed up onto the carriage before Alexus and headed off, waving goodbyes through the window of the carriage until she couldn't see the figure of her family anymore.

--------------------------------X--------------------------------

[Alterisa's POV]

Our trip to the Royal Academy was quiet. I'm sitting on the super soft seat of the carriage, as expected of the one owned by the royal family, while stroking Fubuki's soft, pure-white fur delicately as she slept on my lap.

It's very peaceful... But why is Alex sitting this close to me?!?!?!

The carriage is huge, and you can have a whole seat for yourself if you sit in front of me! Why is he sticking to me?!

"Alex... Why are you sitting beside me?! It should be cramped for you, right?! If you sit in front of me, then we can talk easier!"

"No, I prefer to sit next to you. After all, I haven't seen you in quite a while, so I really miss you, Risa."

"..."

Ughh... H-His attack power is ridiculous as usual... I can feel my cheeks heating up. B-But I won't lose!!!

"Y-You..."

"...Are you nervous?"

"Eh?!"

H-H-How did he know?! O-Oh no! This is the greatest shame of my life!!! How could he see through my acting?!

No... No no, that can't be. He must be referring to something else! I'm the prince of the drama club! And my acting skills have only improved from being in the midst of high society for more than 10 years!

"I've heard about it from Lily. You seemed to be bothered by the girl with the light element coming to the academy."

See! It's not my acting skills after all!!!

...

Wait, wha-?!

D-Did she tell him about the otome game's plot?! N-No, Lily wouldn't tell anyone about that. She must just tell him that someone problematic might be causing trouble in the academy.

"Risa...?"

Alexus held my hand, causing me to jolt in surprise and turned to him.

"A-A bit... I've heard about that girl's personality through Amelia-sama. And judging by the impressions she had made to those around her in Fenestra, I'm afraid she will also bother the other students in the academy."

That and what if she wants to come after Alexus and unleash all her tricks on me to make me look bad!?!?!?

I've read a lot of reincarnated villainess stories... A-And I'm afraid she'll also do those kinds of things to me! Framing me and ruining my image!

Just then, I felt a warm hand on my head, petting me ever so softly.

"Don't worry. If she ever bothered you, then she won't be staying in the academy for long even with her affinity to light."

"Eh...?"

I-Is he serious...? No, he can't be right? After all, it's the HEROINE, you know? She has the light element and is someone the academy invited and gave a scholarship to. There's no way she could be kicked out that easily...

"...Will that be okay? I mean she does have an affinity to the light element, you know? That's really rare."

"Hehe, what are you saying, Risa? You have the blessings of a spirit. You're even rarer than someone with affinity to light, you know?"

He said as he pointed at the little white fox on my lap.

"Eh?! Really?"

"Of course. We have several magicians in the royal court who have an affinity to the light element. But none of them have received the blessings of a spirit."

Ah, that's right...

Now that I think about it, Lawliela-sama had also said that she had never seen anyone that had received a blessing from a spirit aside from me, which is why she had me and Fubuki go through those hellish training to improve my spirit magic.

"That is why, you don't need to worry, okay? And even if she tries to do something, there will be many, including me, who'll protect you."

"U-Uhn... Thank you..."

AN: I hope you guys enjoy this chapter~! Please vote and comment your thoughts~!