Capture the Imp

Mulai dari awal

The door opened, her Father was seated at his desk, head in what Jessica could only describe as an obnoxiously large book. His head was bent low and he seemed to be obsessing over every detail.

"Papa." Jessica spoke quietly.
Ned looked up and then was quickly up on his feet, embracing Jessica tightly.

"Why didn't you come to me?" He pulled back just enough to look at her.

"It was handled." Jessica shook her head.

"Jaime Lannister is not considered handled." Ned cupped her cheeks.

Jessica's gazed shifted to the floor. "I didn't want to ruin your image of your best friend."

Ned Stark sighed. "That weight should never have been put on your shoulders." He kissed her forehead. "You're taking Arya and Sansa back to Winterfell."

"What?!" Jessica blinked in confusion. "Are you sure that's a sound move?" She could only imagine the outrage that would come from Tywin Lannister.

"I'm stepping down as Hand. We're all going home. We'll deal with an annulment once were settled." He looked at her with all the coldness of the North.

Just when her and Jaime were just getting comfortable.
"Pardon this uh...heartfelt conversation." Petyr Baelish gently knocked on the door.

"Im sorry Lord Baelish. These matters no longer concern me." Ned gave a nod of dismissal.

"Of course, Lord Hand, Stark." Petyr took a breath to steady himself. "I was going to take you to the last person Jon Arryn talked too before he passed if you're still interested."

"I told you these matters do not concern me anymore." Ned straightened himself. "My children do."

"It won't take but an hour of your time." Petyr reasoned.
Ned looked to Jessica. She could see the turmoil in her Father's eyes. "Its an hour." Jessica sighed. "I can accompany the both of you while the household packs."

And that was that. The trio were off.

Jessica had never been to a brothel. And Jessica doubted she ever would step foot into another one. Jessica could physically see the smoke of the incense that burnt. And honestly it made her cough. Everything was plush. And Jessica meant everything. In dark purples and burgundies. A lot of the girls flocked to her, touching her hair and face and hands. Navi had to squeeze around just to make sure Jessica had room to breathe.

"No one will harm her." Petyr looked back at Navi. "The girls are simply admiring Lady Lannister."

Jessica didn't mind the girls. It was the men who looked her up and down and then whispered to one another. That made her shudder.

Petyr fetched a young girl. Couldn't be older than sixteen. She was cradling a baby girl. And she was going on and on about the King. And Jessica quickly came to the conclusion as the girl placed the baby into her arms. It was the King's bastard daughter. Jessica was ever so grateful that Jaime had saved her that night. How easily she could've become pregnant. In a similar situation.
No. Robert would've legitimized that bastard and that would be far, far worse.

"Doesn't she look just like him, M'lady?" The girl smiled at her.

Jessica smiled. "She's absolutely precious."

The girl seemed delighted, and lead Jessica over to one of the couches to sit. The pair of them talked, trading gossip like a couple of wives.

"STARK!" There was sudden yelling from right outside. Jessica watched as all her men fled out of the brothel, Navi by her side.

"He's pissed Jessica." Navi looked down at her. "He probably won't listen to anyone but you."

Jessica sighed and handed the baby back to her mother. "Excuse me."