39. Deep Cover

"Ms working lady is doing her thang, all the while pregnant." Miranda said while she was on the phone with Aaliyah

"You know how I am, that's what I was born to do."

"I'm actually surprised Javi let you get a job."

"I know, and you know what, I'm actually really liking the whole accounting manager thing, it really suits me. I stay in my office, I come out every now and then and do a little monthly rounds like I'm doing now."

"And what does that entail?"

"Basically check to make sure everything's working on the outside. The manager and I rotate each month to check everything out, I also get my exercise for the day."

"Has anyone rented the penthouse yet?"

"Oh thank you, I need to go up there and check one of the valves out and yes someone has gotten it. I think it's been about two weeks now. I believe they're still moving in."

"Aw man, I would've loved to had a place like that."

"Arturo, I'm going upstairs to the penthouse." Aaliyah said

"Who's Arturo?"

"My personal bodyguard, he's with me while I'm at work."

"You're only down to one?"

"No, since I'm inside there's no need for all of them, but trust when I leave they assemble out of nowhere like Voltron." She said as they got on the elevator

"Help me out, which one is Arturo?"

"You remember the one that looks like the Mexican Joker, but with black hair and a skull tattoo on the front of his neck."

"Is that the one that has the scar on his face?"

"Yep that's him."

"Can he speak any English?"

"A little, but it works he's not a big talker unlike some of them." The elevator opened as Arturo stepped out first and then Aaliyah

She goes to open the door as they walk in and he sits down by the door while Aaliyah was looking around at everything.

"Call me crazy but I must know what it's like to have your own bodyguards follow you around all day."

"At first very creepy, in fact it still is. They watch everything you do and don't even think about running, they're surprisingly fast but they know how I am so they're a bit more lenient with me and thankfully give me space. Like right now I'm walking around and he'll just sit in one spot and stay there until I'm done."

"Is it the same way when you go out shopping?"

"Depending on how crowded the store is, if I'm in one area they'll sit and watch or if it's really crowded then they're most likely behind me."