Undisclosed Location - Pt. 20

Start from the beginning

Portia continuing to cry. " Then why am I here, Joseph? What are you planning to do with me?" Portia voiced.

" Do you even remember how you got here?" Joseph asked.

" A little. I remember talking to you and that bitch Esme knocked on the door! (in a rage, crying). The two of you did this. So where's she now? Did she finally turn on you?" Portia responded, seriously, and anxiously.

" I'm afraid not. Kendall has to tie up some loose ends. And she'll be on her merry way once that's finished. But in the meantime, I'll be all of the company that you need." Joseph explained.

" Good lord. I don't need nor want your company. I just want to get back home to my daughter." Portia exclaimed, again.

" Well, I'm sorry Portia Robinson. But that's not in the cards." Joseph announced, angrily.

Portia looks around in the cabin and sees a picture frame hanging up.

" Joseph?, where the hell are we?"

" This is a cabin." Joseph replied.

" I know that. But who's cabin?" Portia asked, frustratedly.

" You don't recognize this cabin?" Joseph asked, seriously.

" Not really." Portia murmured.

" Well, think again. Because this is the same cabin that you helped Faith and I deliver Kendall in 2001." Joseph announced.

Portia has a realization. "Oh my god. This isn't about Spencer and Trina or that phony story about Marcus giving you counterfeit money. This is about my refusal to help you and Faith after Esme was born. I was your midwife and that's it." Portia explained.

" So you remember now—Great! I can't believe. You didn't recognize me the first time we met... again at the hospital." Joseph added.

" You look a whole lot different now. So where's Faith? Why isn't she here with you and Kendall or Esme as she calls herself nowadays?" Portia asked.

" Faith's dead. She came to Port Charles after she met some other guy who she married and turns out he died too and she wanted Sonny Corinthos to pay for his death. She forgotten all about me, rightfully so." Joseph explained.

Portia sighs in disbelief. " I can't believe that I'm caught up in the middle of all of this. I thought I was going to be able to leave my days as a horrible midwife in the past. I was young back then, I was in my mid 20's and soon after I helped Faith deliver your baby, I found out that I was pregnant with Trina." Portia replied.

An angered Joseph. 
" You left us in that cabin helpless, Portia. You said that you were gonna come back with help and you never did. We had to do everything on our own as new parents. Luckily, Faith had the idea to just give Kendall up for adoption because we weren't ready. Anyway, that's why Kendall and I brought you here. To do the exact thing to you." Joseph said. 

" You don't understand, Joseph. The reason why I was reluctant to help you and Faith was because I knew that I had cheated on Taggart. I had an affair with Curtis Ashford." Portia exclaimed.

A curious Joseph. " What?, wait... You said that you found out that you were pregnant after you delivered Kendall for Faith and I. So knowing you had this secret, that was the reason why you didn't help us? It all make sense now. Your guilt is finally catching up with you."

" Go to hell." Portia yelled.

" I was already there. I lost Faith. I lost everything that mattered to me, all because of you. And when I met my new wife, things were never the same. But my question is... who is Trina's real father then... Taggart or Curtis?" Joseph responded, eagerly.

Esme quickly  walks into the cabin.

" What is that about Trina's real father?" Esme asked, with a smile.

Portia and Joseph look at each other, shocked to see Esme at the cabin door.

_____