Chapter 17

Crowley and I make it back into the living room, sitting on the couch across from Aziraphale, who was sipping on his tea still. "So, you've made up then?"

"Yeah." I nodded, holding Crowley's hand in mine. "We can continue, whenever you both are ready."

Crowley gave me a reassuring squeeze as Aziraphale nodded, "Of course. Unless you would rather wait for another time?"

"If I don't do this now, I never will." I took a deep breath and began telling them the rest of the story.

"I can't do this. Mother won't give me answers, and I suppose there's a reason for that. I am not going to join you, Lucifer." I stated quietly, my hands clasped in front of me. "Thank you for the offer though."

"Oh, well that's too bad. I heard that ____ will only stay with you if you join us." He tutted, making me snap my eyes up to him.

"Did he say that?" I look back at the door to my Laboratory and bite my lip. "He wouldn't do that to me. He loves me. I can feel it."

Lucifer shakes his head, "you're feeling what he's wanting you to feel. He doesn't love you. If you join me, you will be higher than _____. Just think about it, okay? It's a great way to get back at him." He holds out his hand to shake mine and I was about to shake his hand until the words that the ginger angel told me went through my head. 'Don't touch his hand.'

"I'll see you, Lucifer. Thank you." I bowed my head and he walked back out of my Lab. Suddenly _____ ran in.

"What happened? Did he touch you? You didn't touch his hand, did you? You're not joining his club either, right?" ____ started throwing question after question at you, to which you gave him a harsh look.

"He told me the truth about you. How you don't even care about me. How you just make me feel special. I can't believe you would do this to me!" I shake in anger, a feeling foreign to me. "Get out of my Lab. You're not welcome here any longer."

"(Y/N), please, Lucifer is lying." The angel walks up to me and grabs my hands, making me look up at his gorgeous blue eyes. "I love you. More than anything. You're my Little Wolf. If I didn't love you, do you think I would have made an entire constellation that Mother didn't approve of for you? Do you think I would make the Andromeda Galaxy for you?"

Tears pricked at my eyes, my heart clenching as I try to decifer the truth. "I... I don't know." I gently snatch my hands from his. "Why would Lucifer lie? Angels don't lie."

"Bullshit," Crowley snorted. "Gabriel lies all the time."

"I know, but back then there was no turmoil. We were are honest with each other and supported one another." I sighed, holding my knees to my chest. "It was happy. So I didn't think that Lucifer, of all the angels, would lie."

"Then why did you think I would?" My demon asked, a slightly hurt look on his face. "Did you think that little of me?"

I brought his hand to my lips, giving it a soft kiss. "No, my love. I thought- I think so much higher of you. But I was emotional, and Lucifer was spreading lies. And lies hurt. Especially about the one I love."

"Lucifer is no angel." The angel scoffed. "He's wanting to be higher than Mother herself. No angel wants that."

The words that the angel was saying should have made sense. But why would Mother's right-hand man be so deceitful?

"I just... I don't understand, _____."

"I know, my Little Wolf. I know. But I promise, no. I swear to you, that I love you. That you're the only one I want. And I absolutely do not want you to join Lucifer's little club. It's for the rebe-"

"(Y/N)! _____! Good to see you both!" Gabriel waltzed in with the principality, Aziraphale. "Mother sent me to come and check on your work. The snake must be completed with zero distractions." Gabriel glared at my angel, making me confused as to why he's being so harsh. Aren't we all supposed to be happy?

"Yes, well, the snake is almost complete. I'm just trying to figure out a few more things with the venom." I smiled forcefully. "I just don't understand... why do they need it?"

"It's not our job to ask questions." Gabriel shrugged. "Just see that the job gets done within the hour. Mother is growing impatient. And ____?" The angel looked up at Gabriel. "Get to work. The job isn't done yet, and Earth must be created soon."

With that, Gabriel and the principality left. The angel let out a deep sigh and turned towards me. "He's right, I should go."

"But I want you here... I don't like when we're apart. And if what you said is true, I don't want you around Lucifer either." I held his hands in mine again as I begged him to stay.

"I can't." He said in a soft voice. "Gabriel was right. But I will see you later, before the rebellion. I promise." He brings my hand up to his lips and kisses the back of it, making my wings flutter a little from how giddy the act made me. "I love you, my Little Wolf."

"And I love you. My Star-Maker." I smiled and pulled him close, suddenly having the urge to press my lips to his. I looked up at him just as he looked down at me, my eyes getting lost in his. His hand moved to my cheek, cupping it gently as he moved closer. It was like everything around us had suddenly disappeared and it was just us. The animal-maker and the star-creator. It was perfect in every way. It was meant to be. His touch on my cheek was like static, causing a rush of emotions and pure unadulterated love to course through me. I leaned in closer and closer, our first kiss just milimeters away... until the snake I was currently working on caused a few things to fall on the ground.

"Are you serious?" The angel muttered harshly under his breath as I let out a soft laugh in disbelief.

"Oh, come on, little guy." I stooped down to pick up the snake that had tumbled with the other items and held him close. "That wasn't very nice, now was it?"

The snake hissed at me softly, it's tongue flitting out a few times. "What's it do that for?"

I held the snake out in front of me so that the angel could get a better look at him. "It's how he smells."

"I thought that's what these are for." He points to the nostrils before petting the snake's head gently. The snake seemed very fond of the angel, making me smile as it wraps itself around him. "Well, I suppose I should get out of here and let you finish on this little guy."

"I suppose so. See you around, ____."

The angel smiled at me as he handed the snake back over. He lingered for  a second, a hesitant look in his eye like he wanted to say more, do more. But he just heaved a soft sigh and left to get back to work.

I felt empty without him there, but as always, I kept working for the Great Plan.

~~~~~

AAAAAA It's short i know. I'm so so so sorry about that. But I wanted to get this out for Tennantlover365 because today is their birthday! Happy birthday love! I hope I wasn't too late <3