Plus, privacy.

I quickly look over my shoulder, and the pack are all staring at me, but smoothly look away – just some are not so quick.

Especially Clypto, who doesn't even break his eyes away from mine.

Instead, he stares right at me with no expression... although I... feel it.

Oh... no.

Oh...

I almost cry with the overwhelming sense of dread building in my gut, but I gulp it down as I stride for the boss.

Sardonix had to tell me what the hell was going on!

The man... the demon... surely he would tell me what was happening when we were outside.

I quickly hold my robe closed tighter for comfort and I shove one hand under the material too.

I see Sardonix pacing across the balcony quickly, jittery, nervous – fast.

He didn't even leave the door open for me.

I lean on it and it opens, and I step out bare foot to be with him.

Sardonix looks at me for a split second and paces to the railing.

I walk up and I stand next to him.

"...are you going to tell me what's wrong, or am I going to have to pretend everything is okay?" I ask him, "Is it my father – has he asked about me, or threatened any of you... attacked you?"

"...your father?" Sardonix asks, narrowing his eyes, seeming confused.

"Jason," I remind him.

"No," Sardonix shakes his head and he holds out an arm for my tense shoulders – as it was cooler out here.

I happily step into his front, and lean back against him, as he puts his arms around me, leaning his forearms on the balcony railing.

He's so nice and warm.

At least that is comforting.

I don't say anything else. He can do the talking.

"I've heard if you make a wish on a star, it'll come true... as long as you are pure at heart," Sardonix drawls, "Which you are, Angel. What would you wish for right now?"

"I don't care about the stars. Or wishes. I only hope that you will tell me the truth... and nothing but the truth," I reply a little rudely, not even looking at the sky. I look at the street below and the foot traffic.

Sardonix proceeds to breathe.

Silence.

For some reason this doesn't feel so foreboding.

So, I just stand with him, in our complete and agreed upon silence.

However, I do slowly shuffle myself around, to face Sardonix.

He doesn't move away, and he keeps his eyes focused on me when I look for his demonic gaze. Heavy, haunted eyes.

I try reaching up on my tip toes to kiss him.

Sardonix stiffens considerably and before my mouth can touch his, he lets go of the balcony and steps right away from me.

Sardonix and I say nothing of his reaction.

We simply stare at each other a little longer and he turns to go back inside.

"Come. Eat."

Two words leave his mouth with his back to me.