They're just incredible, absolutely wonderful. 

I never imagined that I would be able to celebrate my birthday with such joy again, with my friends, my family, the ones that I love. 

I used to recall the birthdays I spent with my family as I lay, staring at the blank ceiling, always hanging onto a tiny thread of hope, believing that that day would come.

For thirteen years, my birthday has been filled with memories, the small spark of hope would ignite, but it slowly faded away as the year went by, before being reignited the following year. 

Now, the hope has sprouted wings and is soaring through the cloudless blue sky, hugged by the warm sunlight, and blessed by the salty winds.

Law wipes the tears from my eyes, and I bury my face into his chest, half laughing, half crying.

The singing stops and they all erupt once again, into cheers and whoops and claps. 

Utah hands me a knife, a pretty big one, and gestures for me to cut the cake. 

Everyone silences, the anticipation hanging in the air like a single cloud in the sky.

They all watch as the tip of the knife slowly, slowly sinks into the cake. 

The second the blade hits the bottom, everyone shrieks, Penguin and Shachi's voices cutting through the air like a blade sharper than the glare they were receiving from both Law and Utah.

Utah slices the rest, and hands out plates of the glorious sugariness. 

Penguin and Shachi march up to me, the crowd parting like a wave as they strode across. Bepo tails them, holding a long stick-like object, which I recognised as a sword, an oddly familiar one as well. It felt like reuniting with an old friend.

"Y/n, on behalf of the crew, we would like to make a toast!" Penguin exclaims, his hands in the shape of finger pistols as he 'pew pew'ed around the crew.

Shachi clears his throat and holds a crumpled piece of paper up to his face.

"Dearest y/n," he squints at the paper, "uh... we wish..." he glares at Penguin and angrily whispers at the poor guy. 

I hear a combination of 'why is your writing so messy' and  'what does this even say' and 'please give us cookies??", before Shachi stuffs the piece of paper into Penguin's mouth and takes a gulp of air.

"Forget that stupid thing, allow me to start again. Y/n, I'll be frank," he pauses and clears his throat again, "we" he throws his arms around in big circles, "are truly, truly grateful that you are a part of this crew. Ever since you came onto this ship, our Captain," points at Law, "as well as this entire crew are much livelier and happier than ever before."

Penguin shoves Shachi to the side, the orca-hatted pirate falling flat on his face.

"We'd like to thank you for putting up with the mess and the noise and the racket we make every day, from sunrise to sunset, and most of the time even early and later than that." He parts to the side, only to get into another brawl with Shachi, and Bepo hobbles in.

"Um... your hugs are really nice, " flowers bloom all around him and collective 'awww' surges through the room, "and this is for you. A tall blonde man gave this to us on the last island, he said that it's a present for y/n. We checked it over and didn't find any faults or suspicious stuff. Uhh... so, Happy Birthday!" 

That was probably the first time I heard Bepo say so much without apologizing out of the blue. 

Keita gave the sword to them?