Chapter 11

A/N: An extra-long chapter for you to enjoy ^^ dw i haven't drowned in tests and homework yet -3- please accept my most humble apology for not posting for over two weeks. Time really does fly when you're busy *sigh*. I hope this chap is enough for the time being! Thanks for sticking with me and putting up with this story! Please consider dropping a comment or vote, much appreciated <3 Enjoy!~ 

"Captain? His favourite is onigiri, it's what he eats every day. I should probably put some more variety into his diet." I think back to the speckled rice triangles with green sheets, is that what onigiri is
"What does o-n-i-g-i-r-i taste like?" Utah pauses her cooking and turns to face me.
"Poor girl," she sighs and smiles a little, "do you want to try some?" 

I give her a small nod, I want to try it and watch Utah so I can make some for Law. I sit at the table, Utah grabs some rice and squishes it into a bowl shape. Then she adds in a small, round reddish-purple filling to the centre and covers it in more rice. I pay attention to the way she folds the rice, turning in her hand and shaping it into a triangle shape. Afterwards, she takes a strip of the green sheet and sticks it onto the rice, then sprinkles a flaky seasoning on top of it. The triangle is around the same size as my fist. 

"Here, this is Captain's favourite flavour." A sly smile crosses Utah's lips as she passes me the plate and I pick the onigiri up.
"Thank you." I am still full from the soup before, but I really want to taste the onigiri. I take a bite and the saltiness and sourness of the filling explode in my mouth. It tastes so much better than the bowl of plain rice I used to have. I want to make some for Law.

I carry the plate down the hallway, careful not to make the onigiri fall off. Utah had watched me replicate her movements in disbelief, she said that I was a very fast learner. I pass Penguin and Shachi as they bickered and laughed before catching sight of me and came rushing over. 
"Y/n!!" Penguin exclaimed, bopping up and down as he examined the dish, "That looks really good!!" 
"Did you make it?" Shachi queried, containing his excitement a lot better than Penguin.
"Yes." I reply, continuing towards Law's office. 
"Ooohhh!! You are very talented y/n! Can I please have one?" Penguin drooled before slapping himself in the face when I shook my head.

"This is for Law." Penguin and Shachi eyed each other and raised a brow.
"Captain never eats when he's working. It'd be a waste if you gave it to him!" Shachi elbowed Penguin in the ribs and stuffed his hand in Penguin's face.
"You idiot! Of course Captain will eat it!" Captain. Everyone on the ship calls him Captain.

"Why does everyone call Law Captain?" The two men smile at each other, a knowing look crossing between them.
"Our Captain," Penguin starts, "is the best captain we could ever ask for! No matter what happens, he is always there for us, saving us from death and putting up with our stupidity!" Shachi cuts in, "You can always depend on Captain, he always does what's best for us, even if it puts him in danger. The whole crew respects him! You'll understand soon enough!" I nod quietly, stopping outside the office door.

"We'll be off then!" Shachi drags Penguin away, who was still trying to eat an onigiri off the plate. I give them a small wave of goodbye before opening the door of the office.

The room was quiet, only the click of a pen or rustle of paper sounded from behind the bookshelves. I walk slowly towards the sound, peering around the corner to find Law working, piles of papers and books sprawled out on his desk. He looks up and blinks in surprise.

"Y/n? How'd you find me? Did one of the guys guide you?" I shake my head.
"I remembered passing the office the other day. Are you hungry?" He glances at the door, the clock, then at the plate I carried, and chuckled to himself.
"Is that for me? In that case, yes, I am hungry. Did Utah ask you to bring me food? She really got me this time. Would you like to share?"