House of Entrapment

Começar do início

Eddie"Robert Frobisher-Smythe? Okay, little problem with that theory.Well, Robert Frobisher Born, died"

Charlie" Wait, I might be with Fabian on this one, I mean Jason loved all things Egyptian mythology and he was the one who mostly popped up"

Patricia" Wait a minute are you talking about Jason Winkler, he worked here in our first year, drama teacher"

Charlie" Yeah he was my adoptive dad, looked after me, brought me up, so as I was saying yeah I agree with Fabian"

Eddie" And like I was saying, the man in the tank is breathing so it can't be him, he's alive Fabian"

Alfie"Hold on, wait, wait, dead guy in a tank but not dead. Do you know what that means? Zombies! Guys, we need to be prepared! I am not having a zombie eat my brain out!"

I roll my eyes.

Patricia" It'd have to find it first"

Eddie" I say we hold a Sibuna meeting tomorrow, do you agree sis?"

Charlie" Yeah that sounds like a good idea to me"

We all chorus Sibuna and put our right hands over our right eyes.

Eddie" Just forget it, Fabian.There's no chance on Earth it's him"

They all leave and I stand by Fabian.

Fabian" Do you actually believe me?"

Charlie" Yeah, now that you mention it and the more I think about it, the more I think you are right but how can it be him?"

Fabian" I don't know"

After a quick breakfast Eddie and I had hurried to school hoping to talk to our dad about Denby. The corridors were empty, it not being school time yet, we heard voices.

Charlie" Victor is in there with him"

Eddie" They must be talking about the man in the tank"

Charlie" Robert Frobisher Smythe"

Eddie" It is not him"

Charlie" Well who else could it be?"

Eddie" Shhh"

Charlie" What?"

He then pulls me with him behind the wall and for good reason as Denby comes round the corner and enters dad's office. Eddie looks at me and reading his mind we both stand outside the door listening.

Dad" Ah, good morning Harriet"

Miss Denby"Eric.Victor. We are falling behind, gentlemen.Have you made any progress at all with the clues?"

Victor" I am working on them"

Miss Denby" Then work a little faster, or does your hectic schedule of odd jobs not allow for that?"

Victor"If you have any suggestions, please feel free"

Miss Denby" My job is The Keeper, which I've done.Your job is The Enabler, Victor.So enable"

Then she makes both us jump by opening the door and Eddie falls over first, me landing on top of him.

Miss Denby" Eavesdropping, Eddie and Charlie?"

My stomach drops as she looks at us. We then both see the envelope in her hand.

Dad" Oh, Edison, Charlie, in school early? How gratifying"

Denby then glares at us and my hand finds Eddie's and I gulp.

Miss Denby" Your father might not always be able to protect you both. Remember that"