Ch. 48 | Tord's Blessing

- You walked out of the Blue Army base, wearing a goofy smile. Mission successful, you thought, holding an empty box of T.B cures. The abbreviation of 'Tord's Blessing.' You dropped the box in a dumpster and hopped into the helicopter. Tom was snoring inside, and Matt sat beside him, watching Edd with a cautious look. "C'mon, guys. We still have the Purple Army."

Matt pulled a map out of his pocket and crossed out Australia. "Okay, so now we're going to... Russia?" Edd asked. "None of us know Russian," Matt sighed. "C'mon, someone back in the base has to know Russian. Edd, take us back," you said, brushing the side of Tom's head. He hummed and leaned into you, snoring even louder. Edd sloppily got the helicopter off the ground.

"Steady!" You jumped into the seat next to him and watched his controls. "I'm fine, Y/N!" He groaned. "You almost got us killed last time," you pointed out. He scoffed. "I was tired, it was three in the morning." You looked out the window. "This is a long drive, guys, so get comfy," Matt piped. You all groaned. "I think I'm gonna take a nap," you muttered.

- Time Skip -

After several stops for gas, you finally got back to the base. "Oh, thank god!" Tom jumped out of the helicopter before it landed. "Tom, you-" You paused. "Never mind." Matt was about to say adios as well, but you yanked him back into his seat. "Not you." Edd landed the helicopter, and you all jumped out simultaneously. "Home sweet home!" You shouted, rushing into the base. Edd and Matt chased after you. 

The entire army was crowded outside in the yard. You pushed through the crowd and jumped up onto the casket you had personally made in case you died. "Just one more to go!" You announced. Everyone erupted into cheers. "And now we're leaving again," you looked around. Everyone shut up immediately. "Does anyone here know Russian?"

"Me!" That was Miles. You looked around. "Miles? Was that you?" He pushed out to the front of the crowd, looking up at you. "Yeah, I know Russian." Everyone muttered skeptically. "Fine, I'll prove it," he muttered. They shut up again, waiting. He cleared his throat. "Ya ne znayu, kak vy, idioty, ne uznali moy aktsent." Everyone cheered. "Wait, what does that mean?" Matt asked below you.

"Don't look at me," you looked at Miles. "Eh, don't worry about it," he smiled sweetly at you. "That's good enough," you dropped down from the casket and picked him up by his collar. "C'mon, kid," you picked your way around the crowd. "Edd!" The brunette melted out of the crowd. "Here, Y/N!" You dropped Miles next to Matt. "Did you get the helicopter filled?"

"Yep, we're good to go!" You nodded. "Nice, we're set to leave then," you walked through the crowd, Miles following. Everyone rushed after you. Tom was sneaking in the other direction. "Tom, you're coming too," you called. He groaned and followed you. "I'll drive this time," Matt offered when you reached the helicopter. He hopped into the driver's seat.

"Thanks," Edd sighed, collapsing into the seat beside him. You, Tom, and Miles sat in the back. Tom nuzzled against you, yawning. "Couldn't you just let me sleep?" He complained. "You could always sleep here," you brushed the back of his head and hummed silently, trying to coo him into falling asleep. "I don't need you to sing me to sleep," he snorted. "Well, technically it's humming."

"Whatever," he shut his eyes and nuzzled against you one more time before falling asleep. You sighed and brushed the back of his head comfortingly. Miles suppressed the urge to hurl beside you. "Matt, the map," you looked at the ginger. Edd pulled the map out of his pocket and handed it to you. All the continents were crossed out, and Russia was the only one standing. "Six... Eight hours," you narrowed your eyes.

[✔] The Both of You | Tom x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें