Chapter 6: Acclimating In Tokyo

Começar do início

You grunted, finding you were more thirsty than hungry, but...

"Cold soba?"

Soba did seem nice now. It was popular right now since it was summer. You forgot how humid it was in Japan during the summer months.

Panda wiggled around, incredibly happy with the idea. "Soba sounds wonderful right now!"

Maki tapped the side of his head with her naginata, looking on disapprovingly.

"Not for us. We have a mission we need to leave for in about half an hour," she told Panda, to which he moaned in disappointment.

Her honeyed eyes fell on you, "You're doing better now, so take everything you've learned thus far and apply it quickly. I won't be going easy on you anymore."

You muttered to yourself as Maki excused herself and walked away, Inumaki following her after flashing you a peace sign.

"You too, Inumaki-senpai?" You didn't remember them saying anything about him joining their mission.

He shook his head, gesturing to his temple to indicate that he would nap.

"He woke up really early to go on his own separate mission," Panda said, getting up from his spot on the floor with a slight grunt. "He's just going to rest for a bit."

You nodded, understanding why he would want to rest up. "I see. Well then, enjoy your nap, Senpai."

"Salmon!"

With the three second-years gone, only you and Gojo were left behind.

"I'm happy to see you're becoming comfortable around the second years," he said as you sat down a small distance from him on the steps. "I was worried that Maki would tear into you."

You took a sip from your water, relishing the drink soothing your parched throat.

"Why? I thought she'd dislike me because I'm related to Yuta," you muttered, lips brushing against the plastic rim.

Gojo smiled and leaned back against the steps, arms resting on the concrete on either side.

"A little," he said, glass catching glare from the sun, "Thought she might bully you in place of him since he's been gone for a while now. Maki's kind of a tsundere, isn't she? She puts on a no-nonsense front, but she's a softie."

You hummed, "She'd probably kill you if she heard that... I met her a few days ago, but I guess she does give off that vibe... She's okay, though," you capped up your drink and played back your sparring session with her minutes ago. "I think her personality makes her pretty reliable. At least compared to you."

Gojo's lip twitched, head turning to look at you with a frown. "You could spare my feelings, you know? I want you and all my students to like me. Would you rather I be a strict and unforgiving teacher?"

You turned away, hiding the sardonic grin on your face. "It'd certainly help with people taking you more seriously."

"No more soba for you."

You shrugged, tilting your head back to look at the sky. There were a few big clouds. Maybe there'll be rain this week.

"Hey..."

"Yeah?"

"Do you know anywhere that sells lighter fluid?"

==

You ended up getting soba anyway.

Gojo apparently didn't really like to eat out alone, so after some silence told you to change out of your sweaty clothes and wear something decent to go into the city.