4. What Makes You So Special?

"Have you heard?"

"About what?"

"About the serial killer found in the woods?"

------

Darkness consumes me as I stand in the middle of nothing. It was as if I was trapped in a box, unable to find the exit. No matter where I looked, it didn't matter. There was nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I was about to lose all hope until I saw that same butterfly with the starry patterned wings. Finally something I can see. It flew over to me and circled around a few times and then, it flew away.

Having nothing to do and wanting to get out of here, i follow the butterfly. It's the only thing I can do right now other than standing and waiting for something to happen.

I was slowly losing sight of it so naturally I started running. And there I ran after the butterfly in a dark empty place. I had no idea where I was, or how the hell I even got here. All I knew was, that I wanted to get out. This is suffocating and I can't handle it much longer.

I ran and ran in this endless void, unsure of where I was going, or if I ever was going to get out, I just knew I had to follow the awfully fast flying butterfly. It's the only thing in this darkness, and I don't want to be alone.

Running was the only thing I remember until a bright light engulfs me, making me shut my eyes from the brightness.

Opening my eyes i find myself in front of the same castle from before. The one where Aurora or whatever her name was, left me here to die.

Why am I here? Did I sleep walk?

I suddenly heard fast approaching footsteps and turned to be met by darkness, it was as if the darkness was chasing me and now I'm engulfed in it once again...

-------

I wake up with a cold sweat rolling down my forehead. I observe my surroundings, finding out I am in the library that i visit everyday.

Ah yes now I remember, I came here to see if I could find any new novels to binge-read. I guess I was too tired and fell asleep, sitting on a chair. How could that happen though? I can never fall asleep in the day time.

What's different about today?...

Packing my stuff, I turn to leave out the door, accidentally running into someone on the way. Quickly apologizing, I walked away, only to be stopped by a hand firmly grabbing my wrist.

I looked at the unknown person and mini gasped. It was that same guy who gave me the umbrella and the one who helped me out of that forest. What would he be doing here though? And what business would he have with me? This is probably the 3rd time I meet him in the span of a month.

As if reading my mind, he raised one eyebrow and spoke with a soothing voice.

"Care to join me for a cup of coffee?"

He smirked a little, let my wrist go and walked away. Looks like he wasn't going to take a no as an answer. But the last time I followed someone, they ditched me in the middle of the forest so why would this guy be any different?

I thought as I stood completely still, not moving or following him which led him to turn around.

"Calm down, I'm only asking for a coffee, not trying to kidnap you"

I'm convinced he can read minds. I mean come on, or he's just good at reading people. Maybe he's a lawyer?

He lightly shook his head and turned around walking away. Okay I guess 1 coffee won't hurt.

Slowly following behind him, I walked to his side to walk with him.

"So who are you and why were you in the forest that day?"

As soon as I finish talking, he stops walking which led to me also stopping.

Turning his head he looks at me with a cold glare... If looks could kill, I would have been dead right now.

"My name is none of your business and as to why I was in the forest that day, I was simply just passing by. Now can we please just get coffee?"

He quickly spoke and hurried away. Is he late for something? If so why would he even ask me for a coffee. And damn what a rude reply. I was just asking, and there was absolutely no need to give me the death glare.

There is no way he could have just been "passing by" that forest is the one everyone enters and gets lost in. Something doesn't add up. He is very suspicious.

"Are you just gonna stand there like an idiot, or are you gonna come?"

Being snapped out of my mind by his rude words again, I look at him and sigh. He is suspicious and there is no way I'm going to trust him. What if he's a serial killer as well? Like that lady that tried to murder me in the forest. Oh God. What if he killed someone that day, and was out in the forest to bury evidence, and the body?!

"You read too much fiction"

He sighes and walks to me, standing in front of me. No this is no coincidence anymore, I swear to God this man is either crazy or a psychopath. Or he can read minds, but that's impossible.

"Nothings impossible"

And my eyes widen at that. He can- what he- did you see that-

"I wanted to do this the peaceful way but alright, you leave me no choice"

He leans towards me and deeply stares into my eyes. He was so close, that I could feel his breath fanning my lips.

"What makes you so special?"