Chapter 1: The In-Between

The space between dimensions (given the uninspired name "The In-Between" by dimensional travelers 316 billion years before these events) is a very unusual space. Shrouded in a perpetual darkness, the only life within the dimension - the psychically powerful yet primitive Tra'orgs and the horrifying Kltraltoks - is comprised of random DNA from trillions upon trillions of dimensional travelers coming together into beings which have spread across the In-Between's many patches of seemingly randomly shaped and sized asteroids.

It is a land that has been seen before. I will continue the story where the last one left off.

At the village D'sek'kol'carr'kevek (a small Tra'org settlement), an alien ship sat on its edge. Smoldering ruins - the only remnants of the nearby Pillar base and the only testament to an attempt by two megalomaniacs (one cast out entirely and the other having left in style - to return eventually) to commit acts of untold evil. The ship - the Vanguard - had been present for both. Its occupants had been imprisoned, tortured, nearly killed, and had fought in battle against the various foes that they had encountered in the now destroyed Pillar Outpost 357.

Now, there was an apotheosis for these events. As a Tra'org - who had dubbed himself "Companion" - returned to his people in the village, the occupants of the Vanguard - the Resistance - watched him go.

Sitting in one of the chairs near the Vanguard's loading bay was Trityx Hydrium, Vice Chairman to the Trident Foundation - one of the Resistance's main members. A man of around 20, Trityx served fairly as a loyal general and soldier. He had many things on his mind.

"So, I guess we're fine now." he said as the doors to the loading bay closed. "Anyone know what happened to Poseidon?"

Poseidon referred to PoseidonHeir -The Trident Foundation's leader. During the events in the In-Between, Poseidon had suffered mental torture from the evil Time Lord criminal known as "The Master" and the megalomanical despot who ruled over the Pillar Imperium - the Pillar Lord. The Resistance fought against the forces of the Pillar Lord and Jonathan (dubbed "The Alliance'').

The other occupants of the loading bay gave answers as to Poseidon's current fate.

"No clue." said Ankarstian - a Time Lord who the Master had pretended to be for his wicked schemes. This was made somewhat difficult by Ankarstian's yellow-furred complexion and snout.

A better answer came from Dr. H.M. Phage, T.E. - the Resistance's diminutive psychologist, medic, and therapist. "He's in his room taking a nap. Poseidon experienced what in my experience was a mental breakdown. He could be in there for a while."

"It might have been post traumatic stress disorder. Or a Memeovore. I don't think that the Master ever washed that mindprobe. God knows what could be in it." said Ank.

During their escape from the Pillar Lord, Poseidon had experienced delusional behavior. Though it just looked like a mental break to the other Resistors, it was something much worse.

"I have no clue why he was talking about Spamton, I definitely didn't see him in the ship." said Hydrium, reclining back in the chair. "Is Spamton even real?"

"There's a good chance of him being real in one of the many dimensions outside of this one." said Phage.

Ank had an answer that was simpler. "Who the fuck is Spamton? I've heard of Spumoseen, Specters from the left edge of the universe, and the Spican Fleet but not this 'Spamton' character."

"Spamton comes from an obscure Old Earth game named 'Delta Rune'. He's some sort of merchant character like Shylock or Le Carker."

"Ah. A direct parody on races like the Vogons or Usurians. Or not depending on how old we're talking."