Her attention was directed upwards as she saw a snowy owl circling above her. She didn't feel threatened by the owl, she had seen it before. This time it didn't scare the pelt off her though, like it did the time she had been sharing prey with her siblings.

She watched the owl closely and watched it land on a tall oak branch above her. She met the owl's golden gaze meeting her own. She studied the owl's expression, she knew it couldn't talk but it almost seemed like it wanted to tell her something.

"Do you have something to show me?" Owlpaw questioned, feeling crazy for talking to an owl. "You always seem to be a sign rom StarClan, so what do you have to show me?" The owl fluffed up its feathers, letting out a quiet cry at Owlpaw. She flicked her ears.

"I know my name is Owlpaw," She mewed, not sure why she was joking with a bird. "But that doesn't mean I speak owl."

The snowy owl let out another cry, this time it followed by taking off from its branch and flying away, towards the direction of MoonClan territory. For a brief moment, Owlpaw felt a burning urge to follow the beautiful bird, but she stayed put. In the distance she could hear the owl cry once more, this time louder and it sounded almost pleading.

Owlpaw breathed out a sigh, her breath billowing out in front of her in the cold, bitter air. "I wish I knew what you wanted of me." She looked down at her paws. "I'm growing tired of signs and prophecies and omens." She glanced up towards the glowing moon. "I just want to be a good medicine cat."

*****

Owlpaw's eyes opened as the scene around her faded away. She lifted her head and realized she was back in the medicine cat den. She had fallen asleep around early morning and upon peering outside the den entrance from her nest, she could tell that it was not long before sunset. She let out a few coughs before sitting up and stretching. She was grateful that her dream had been peaceful, and she hadn't witnessed another horrifying nightmare of war and bloodshed, something that she hadn't been able to shake since it happened.

"How are you feeling?" She turned her head towards the back of the den where Honeyfrost was, setting out herbs to dry.

"I feel alright." Owlpaw replied, and despite her raspy voice she wasn't lying. "Not perfect, but better. I dreamt about an owl again."

"They always seem to follow you." Honeyfrost purred. "I wouldn't worry too much about you, I doubt StarClan would shove so much onto one medicine cat apprentice." Honeyfrost touched her muzzle to Owlpaw's forehead for a brief moment. "Don't worry too much about it." Owlpaw looked up at her mentor gratefully, feeling soothed by her words of encouragement.

"Your family wants to visit you, but we don't want our den overcrowded, so you'll parents will be visiting you first. I'll let them know you're awake and to bring you some prey. Take some more honey to soothe your throat."

As Honeyfrost left to go get her parents, Owlpaw retreated herself a small bundle of honey secured by an oak leaf. She licked the honey off the leaf, once again feeling the instant soothing affects of it.

A few moments later, Honeyfrost returned with Yarrowtail and Briarrose behind her. Yarrowtail had two small squirrels in his jaws and Briarrose immediately rushed past Honeyfrost, nearing knocking her over, as she ran to Owlpaw.

"How are you feeling?" Briarrose questioned frantically, sniffing all over Owlpaw, nearly knocking her over as well.

"I'm fine and fine." Owlpaw promised her mother. "I'm still coughing and I have a sore throat, but I feel a lot better."

Luckily, Briarrose seemed to relax at her words. "You worry so much." Yarrowtail spoke after setting down the pieces of prey. "I told you that she's in good paws with Pebblestep and Honeyfrost."

"I know, I know." Briarrose sighed, stepping away from Owlpaw and sitting down. "I almost lost her once before, I'm too terrified of it happening again."

Owlpaw looked at her paws for a moment, she felt a familiar feeling creep in. She didn't like the way Briarrose treated her, like she was a fragile kit ready to fall apart at the slightest breeze. "I'm stronger than I look." Owlpaw spoke, trying to muster all the confidence she had. She met Briarrose's gaze and sat up tall.

Briarrose gaze softened and she let out a sigh. "I know that, Owlpaw." She leaned forward, pressing her forehead against Owlpaws. "I know you made an incredibly journey and you are not the weak little kit you were when you were born, but I will never stop worrying about your or any of your siblings for that matter. I am your mother, it's my job."

Owlpaw could feel that her words were genuine. She had heard stories about how Briarrose had always lacked confident and been slightly anxious due to the history and abuse from her father, Thornstar. The scars on her cheek were given to her by her own father, Owlpaw tried her best to sympathize with her mother, she was lucky to have Yarrowtail who loved and cared deeply for her siblings.

"I'll be careful," Owlpaw said quietly as Briarrose stepped back. "I promise." She does have a reason to worry about me, though. After I failed to take the herbs and collapsed.

"Thank you, Owlpaw." Briarrose purred. "And I'll do my best not to fret so much over you."

"Thank you." Owlpaw thanked her mother, feeling comforted by her words and how genuine they sounded.

"Now let's eat," Yarrowtail spoke up. "You need to gain as much strength as possible if you're going to recover." Owlpaw's appetite hadn't fully recovered, but she did feel her stomach growling. She shared the two squirrels with her family and felt her strength slowly returning as she ate.

She could only hope that her recovery would continue to be this smooth and she could make it to the half-moon in a few days. I have so many questions for StarClan, I need answers.