Phone number

Billy Showalter??? Why the hell is Billy Showalter here? This is going to be the worst day ever.

"Hello earth to griffin, are you in there? HELLO!!"

quickly snapping out of my thoughts I see finney waving his hand in my face. Robin and Vance are no longer in sight, and Bruce is right next to me smirking. 

"Stop putting your dirty hand in my face" I said quickly while shoving Finney's hand away, which made him give me this weird smile.

"You do know that you were staring at the paperboy for like 2 minutes, right. Finney tells me while dragging out the right. I hear Bruce start to giggle while Finney is telling him to be quiet, while he is also trying not to laugh.

"Griffin I almost forgot to tell you that the coach for the baseball team is Billy's dad" Bruce suddenly bursted into laughter which made Finney do the same. I feel my cheeks heat up before I hear a loud whistle.

"alrighty kids, I see you're here to practice baseball with me and maybe, fingers crossed, you'll want to join the team this year." 

Wait what?? I look over at Finney who is smiling like there's no tomorrow, Bruce doing the same.

While Vance and Robin are looking just as confused as me. 

"So since this is the earliest tryout time, I would like to think all of you here would like to make the team, so let's get to working!"

oh hell no, I was tricked into going to baseball tryouts and I can tell Vance and robin were too.

"Bruce, what the hell. You never said this was tryouts. Vance complained but didn't look like he really cared. 

"Sorry, I really wanted you to join baseball with me. Don't be mad. Bruce said, giving Vance puppy dog eyes. I guess that's how he gets his way with him all the time. 

I heard Vance scoff while his face turned light pink, I guess the rumors were true. Vance does have a crush on Bruce, and I think Bruce likes him back.

I looked back at robin and finney, they seemed to be talking about something that I don't care enough about to listen to. Both of them are blushing and giving each other a look that I don't even know how to explain.

The coach caught my attention again when he blew the whistle again. 

"Okay so let's get started shall we."

After the hours of torture we were finally done. Yeah, I'm definitely not joining the stupid baseball team. 

"Hey, umm griffin."

I turn around to see Billy Showalter, the man of my dreams. 

"U-um hi, I thought you were u-um…"

Omg I totally freaking out, Billy is talking directly to me, I thought this was never going to happen. I would like to thank Finney for bringing me to this awful place to play this awful game.

"Okay this might sound weird but, umm, I thought you were really cute and…. I mean, umm. Can I have your number?"

"My… number?" I said softly while tilting my head slightly, yeah I'm trying to act cute in front of Billy, leave me alone. 

"Yeah. Can I have your number? You don't have to give it to me or anything I just-"

"sure I'll give you my number." 

"Really! Okay uhm, I didn't think you'd actually say yes." 

Billy hands me his phone and I start to put my number into it.

"Here you go" I said while handing back his phone. I'm acting calm now but later I'm totally going to be screaming into my pillow.

Billy Showalter just asked for my phone number.

__________________________________________

Leave ideas please I really don't know how to continue this 😭