Chapter Nineteen || Our Ethereal Love

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

Chapter Nineteen: Our Ethereal Love

"True love is a feeling of the other world."

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Ginny was really surprised when her family got into the Angelia for a ride. The moment Harry looked at her (or rather through her), she felt her tummy flip. It had been months since she had seen him and he just seemed to get more handsome even as he aged. The next moment, Albus and Teddy had gotten in, her baby asleep cutely in her first son's arms. She could not sit closely with her Jamie but she was really happy to even be in the same car as them so much so that her brown eyes went wide with tears.

She knew all too well that Ron would probably be worried sick about her but she had long ago pushed that thought to the back of her mind. Even Aunt Muriel was forgotten. The way how Teddy was joking and James was dancing was quite the entertainment to her. Harry was jokingly scolding them to not wake Albus up but they did not seem to care.

It was true, after all, that kids can feel the tension present in their loved one's mind. James and Teddy had probably felt it from Harry, the reason for acting silly. Ginny decided, with determined eyes, to help her sons.

"You ain't damsel in distress, don't need to save you."

Harry blinked and the car halted for a second. The kids stopped singing and dancing. Albus's soft snores was the only sound heard.

"What was that?" Harry asked. "Teddy?"

"Are you kidding me, Harry? I can change appearance but not my voice!" the metamorphmagus replied.

"That seemed like. . ." Harry let the sentence hang off in the air before driving forward.

"I know you are brave, my baby."

"Are you kidding me?" Harry asked again. He drived to the sideline and halted before looking behind at Teddy suspiciously. Teddy put his hands up in defense.

"As I told before, I can't change my voice to match a female's!" the boy protested. Albus swallowed and bit his lip in sleep. Although Ginny would have cooed over that particularly cute action of her baby, she could not help but gulp. Harry's emeralds were piercing through her brown eyes, as if he knew where she was and that she was the one behind the music.

Gathering the lost courage, she smirked. She was THE Ginny Potter after all.

"What are you looking at love? I know everything about thou!" Harry's head snapped forward. "You are brave, darling, don't let words wound you more than past actions."

"What even is happening here?" Teddy questioned. James chuckled.

"Kidditch is happening here, Teds!" the ravenhead exclaimed, clapping his hands and pointing at the dashboard. Harry's eyes followed his son's chubby finger and immediately widened.

Her little son was more smarter than his father, she thought.

"Oh yes!" Harry exclaimed before hitting his head with a hand, causing James to imitate him. Teddy laughed out loud and Harry sighed. The little Potter mimed his father's sigh again causing a merry chuckle to burst out in the car.

As the Angelia zoomed past sandy beaches and violet skies, Ginny's thoughts wandered to Ron. Her brother was really scared to admit to their mother that she was going to become a grandmother again. Now the truth had been broken by a person she did not even consider as a close relative. What would be his state? How would Hermione react? Such thoughts were frantically trying to block her thinking capacity.

Before she even knew, the car was being parked in front of the Potters' cabin. Teddy quickly got out, followed by James. Harry lifted the snoring Albus and closed the door. The redhead's eyes, filled with longing and stinging tears, yearned to go in with her family so when Harry came back, a few minutes later, she was surprised.

"You know, you really did the trick," he said after making sure no one was watching. He gently placed his hand on the greenish blue metal. "Ha, if people catch the Harry Potter talking to a car, they'd think I went insane."

Ginny chuckled lightly.

"But just look at what magic you did. I have no idea how that radio turned on. I am pretty damn sure it was off. I suppose it's magic, eh?"

"It is, Harry," Ginny whispered unbeknownst to him.

"I've always felt something different whilst driving you," Harry admitted, looking longingly at the car. "It's as if. . . I've known you for years. . . As if we have talked before but. . . how could I have ever possibly talked to a car unless you count now?"

"You are right, Harry. You have known me for years and you have. . ." Ginny interrupted herself when she saw the love of her life look up at the darkening skies.

"Tell me. . . Ginny," he breathed out the last part. "Am I going mad?"

Ginny stayed silent, not that it mattered anyway.

"I know you are watching over me. . . over all of us." He closed his eyes and he leant against the car. Ginny watched with great anticipation as his breathing was the only thing heard along with the sound of the gentle crashing waves. The wind played with their hair as she joined his side. With the moonlight shining above them, Ginny knew they looked ethereal.

Her ephemeral, however, came to an end soon enough. Harry opened his eyes and looked towards the windows of the cabin. Inside the several rooms would probably be Teddy, James and Albus, curled up warmly in their beds without him. And her.

"I think you'll be laughing your head off now, Gin. Your husband has officially gone mental," he joked to no one in particular before locking the car and leaving. Ginny felt a part of her heart rip away as she watched him; and let him go. She knew that she would be seeing him sooner rather than later but her heart seemed to be restless and deeply worried about something she could not imagine.

Whatever it was, it surely made her feel the feelings of hiraeth.

Done! I was so low on inspiration for this chapter lol. Finally got it out.

Did I just foreshadow something? ;)

Your thoughts on this chapter? Comment!

Thank you for reading!

Miyoko x