Chapter Five || Hiraeth

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

Chapter Five: Hiraeth

"Dream for a positive change. You will see it fulfill in front of your eyes."

                                                            ╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

Ron offered Harry to come home with him and Hermione and stay there for a while but Harry politely declined, telling that he had Albus and James to take care of and that he would be fine. Ron knew that Harry was stating his usual mantra but Hermione urged him not to press Harry more. So he left the matter reluctantly.

He slapped himself on his cheek when he approached the flying Ford Angelia and saw his sister there, having a thoughtful expression on her face. Ron just could not understand why he was hallucinating a lot. He asked Hermione if she could see Ginny but Hermione shook her head and kept shooting concerned glances at him all the way back to their house. Hermione told Ron not to give the car to his dad just yet.

His dad, much like Harry, remained silent during the entire event. He talked only when needed and remained standing, his hands clutched to each other. His eyes were red with unshed tears, unlike Harry's whose tears leaked down his pale cheek often when none of his sons or Teddy were near. Ron would be joking if he were to say that he was not worried.

Losing Fred it self was an emotional rollercoaster ride. It took them three full months to recover. George took it even harder, falling into a depression. It was Angelina who brought him out but this time, it would be Ron himself who would help Harry out. He was Harry's best friend. He knew him and will help him but one thing worried him. Why on earth was Ron seeing Ginny in his car when no one else could?! He decided to ask Ginny herself when he was alone.

When they reached their house, Ron thought to implement his resolve.

"Hey Hermione, you go ahead and head in. I-I just need fresh air," Ron said. Hermione looked at him with concerned eyes. "I am fine, Hermione. Just some fresh air," he reassured. Hermione left with a nod. After Ron saw Hermione turn the bedroom light on, he peeked into the car's windows and found Ginny sitting there with closed eyes. He opened the back seat's door and stepped into the car. Ginny opened her eyes and raised her eyebrows at him.

"Aren't you going in, Ron?" She asked.

"No, I need to talk to you."

"I'm all ears," She replied.

"Are you. . .are you Ginny's ghost?" Ron blurted out the question which was burning in his mind. Ginny looked thoughtful for a moment. "I mean, everyone can see ghosts right? But I don't know why but no one besides ol' me can see you and you aren't even faded like other ghosts I have seen," Ron said. Indeed, Ginny looked as vibrant as any normal human. "but then you d-died."