Chapter: 4

(Jungle Juice Chapter:8-9)

— —

Y/n(yourPOV):

Me, suchan, Huijin, and Hyeseong are running away, other students spreading around while Suchan complains.

"Seriously...what the hell are we doing?!"
Suchan said while Prof Ji was chasing  us with a chainsaw.

"What is that old geezer doing here?!
And why I'm is he chasing us trying to kill us?!"
Suchan exclaims, his adrenaline rushing while I smile.

"That's professor Jun Ji, one of the main professors of our department."
Hyeseong informs.

"Professor?!"

"Practical combat for insects is one of the required courses for our major.
It teaches us how to fight using our insect abilities. Because it's up to us to fight off predators like the praying mantis that attacked you."
I mutter, panting slightly while we continue to run.

That's right. All of which I explained yesterday at orientation, but four of you never showed up. Insect abilities are weapons, and some insect humans use these abilities to commit various crimes. The objective of the nest is to find all the insect humans out there and to protect them. Which is why you must all learn how to fight. Like I said, only the strong will survive. You'll have to do better than that if you want that Cinderella, kid."
Prof Ji said.

"The first test will be a game of hide-and-seek. Run away from me using your insect abilities. Anyone who gets caught....will fail the course, and valedictorian will be out of question,"
Prof Ji said which made Huijin, Hyeseong, and Suchan look at him with surprise.

"Fail?!"

Well I don't care if I'm a bug or a human. I'll just hunt the person down who told to kill my mom from before and that's it. I'll just live as an insect for my whole life. Plus, I see no problem being like this."
I thought with a shrug.

"All right, then. Let's begin!"
Prof Ji exclaims loudly as he swings the chainsaw near me and suchan but we blocked it, then going for Hyeseong who also blocked it before Prof Ji swings again, the chainsaw going for the neck until Suchan grabs and takes a hold of Hyeseong, dragging him away.

"Hyeseong!"
I said in relief seeing him safe before I notice Suchan used his compound vision.

"For someone who only came to get rid of his wings you seem to have grown quite comfortable with your abilities."
Prof ji said as he kept on swinging the chain saw at suchan but he kept on blocking until he got distracted.

"It's not time for daydreaming, you fool!"

"Now you fail!"
Prof Ji yells, the chainsaw about to hit Suchan until I jump and wrap my arms around Suchan, holding him tight while I glare at him.

"Suchan, snap out of it! You fail the course the moment he catches you, idiot!"
I exclaim, Suchan looking at me.

"T-thanks "

I turn to Hyeseong and Huijin.

"Now, Hyeseong!"
Huijin signals.

"Got it!"
Hyeseong said as he started running Professor Ji.

We were then able to escape professor Ji with a smoke screen tactic.

"Doesn't that geezer ever get tired?"
Hyeseong said as I run next to them.

"Hush!"
"You'll give away our direction!"
Huijin warns.

"Old Man really isn't going easy now."
I mutter, not knowing more problems were going our way.