"Bubuksan niya ito kapag may maayos na kliyente."

Juniper's presence became a hot vapor as she swooshed past the concrete walls and flew through the narrow staircase separating the living space and the office.

She poked her head through the light gray wall of the office, which thankfully, remained pleasant and presentable. Thick beige carpet covered the floor, curtains blocked the light from the large glass windows, and there were a few decorations by the former investigator that Law decided to keep, such as the furniture, the array of vinyl records and phonographs, and the oak desk.

Juniper scrunched her little nose at the sight of the empty bottles of liquor on the respectable desk. The office must be stinking, she could tell, even though she couldn't smell it. She swiftly flew over to the guy in front of the computer table, busily typing as though he could still hit the keyboard.

Compared to the two ghosts, Harold, the ghost at the office, was more decent in appearance. He wore a white dress shirt, complete with a tie, and black trousers.

Most ghosts appear as their last appearance in the living world. Gruesome, bloody, burnt, sick looking or with gunshots on their heads. Changing their appearance would require energy and cause exhaustion in their already fading presence, that's why most of them don't bother with their appearance.

But for a newly dead like Harold, to remain alive-like was his soul's ability to cope. That's why most of the time, he has forgotten he was already dead.

Juniper poked his shoulder. "Pst..." she hissed. "Pst. Mr. Harold."

He paused from his task to face her. "Yes, ma'am?"

"May kliyente bang naghihintay kay Mr. L?"

He pointed to the heavy wood door with a tiny, frosted glass window. "May sumilip kanina sa pintuan. Sinabi ko na pumasok siya sa loob pero naglakad lang siya palayo."

Juniper folded her arms over her chest while hovering mid-air in front of Harold. "Mr. Harold," she started, as though she was explaining something basic to a child. "Hindi tayo naririnig ng mga buhay na tao. Ilan lang sa kanila ang nararamdaman ang presensya natin. Hindi nakapagtataka na umalis ang kliyente."

"Hindi, ma'am." Harold shook his head. "Naghihintay siya sa labas."

Juniper excitedly flew to the glass window of the office only to see it covered in thick curtains. She swung her head from side to side, desperate to take a peek from the spaces between the fabric but she still couldn't tell if there was a car stationed on the street in front of the building.

If only she had enough energy to go outside, but it's a risk nowadays since her presence had faded to half from hanging around public places. It was only later she learned about this from Mr. Law, that people with life energies could mess with the souls of ghosts like her.

"Papasok ba sa opisina si Mr. Law ngayong araw?" asked Harold from the computer table. "Naayos ko na ang mga file niya sa computer."

Juniper couldn't help but shake her head at the poor Mr. Harold, who always confused death with reality, unlike her, who fully accepted her fate.

"Titingnan ko."

The cheeky Juniper swooshed back to the room where Law was already drying his hair with a towel.

"Mr. L! Mr. L, may naghihintay sa 'yong kliyente," she reported with a tiny salute.

"Tell them to fuck off," was all Law said.

Pouting, Juniper threw herself to Marissa. "Ang sama niya talaga," she complained.

"May hangover siya ngayon," whispered the old lady.

icon lock

Ipakita ang iyong suporta para kay Ann Lee, at magpatuloy sa pagbabasa ng kuwentong ito

ni Ann Lee
@purpleyhan
Private investigator and necromancer Lawrick Stryker takes on cases f...
I-unlock ang bagong parteng ito o ang buong kuwento. Anupaman, ang iyong Coins ay makatutulong sa mga manunulat na kumita mula sa mga paborito mong kuwento.

Ang kuwentong ito ay may 25 natitirang bahagi

Tingnan kung paano masusuportahan ng Coins ang iyong mga paboritong manunulat gaya ni @purpleyhan.