Finn was sick of this.

He wished to leave. Wished to be separated from his siblings, as Kol suggested. They could have each gone their own way. He and Kol, especially, had never been part of Elijah, Klaus, and Rebekah's little group. They'd fare better against Mikael somewhere they could be happy.

But no. They insisted on sticking together like a posse of children. And so, Finn supported Rebekah in her idea, which would allow them to finally sleep in comfortable beds for the night. Maybe, this servant, Lucien, would truly be of some use.

They made it past the Count. They were settled into rooms, and given more clothes to wear beyond what they already had from the people they'd killed.

It felt good to bathe. To be clean after weeks on the road, sleeping behind bushes and hoping that that wouldn't be the day Mikael caught up to them.

"Finn," called Elijah when the eldest brother had settled by the window of his room, gazing out at the land the Count de Martel owned. "We ought to head downstairs."

He didn't complain. He followed his brother out into the long hallway, and down several staircases until they reached the ballroom. Elijah immediately went to the Count, having decided he was the best at distracting him so that his siblings could relax for a while. Finn didn't mind. He hated the Count.

Suddenly, all the attendants started to whisper. They turned to the opposite door, seeing a man leading two women into the room. He glanced over to where Klaus and Lucien were chatting, listening in as Klaus inquired, "Who are they?

"Oh, the Count's children," replied Lucien. "The Lord Tristan. The woman with the beautiful red hair is the Lady Aurora, and—"

"She is exquisite," said Klaus, causing Finn to be left without finding out the second woman's name. She was the one that stood out to him.

She seemed to be older than her sister. Beautiful, with shining blue-green eyes and dark, long and curly locks of hair that had been braided and tied into a ponytail to settle a band of jewels over her head. She had a sad look about her, quite unlike her sister, who was smiling and enjoying the attention. Tristan let Aurora go once she saw Rebekah and wished to greet her. But he kept a tight hold on the other sister, and turned to speak with her.

"Are you quite sure you are up for this?" he whispered. "I can take you back to your room. It may be far too soon."

"Father would be furious if I left," she replied, glancing at the floor. "It has been a month. Apparently, I no longer have room to grieve. Excuse me, brother, I ought to greet our guests."

Finn was approached by Tristan later in the night, seeing as they were both the eldest out of their sibling groups. Both subconsciously watched the still-unnamed de Martel sister that was trying her hardest to be friendly.

"You seem rather worried," noticed Finn after they'd made idle chit-chat about where Finn and his siblings hailed from. All lies, well rehearsed thanks to Lucien.

"I am," replied Tristan, eyes flickering between both of his sisters. "My sister, Elaine," he nodded in the direction of his elder sister, "was recently left widowed."

Finn frowned. "That would explain the profound sadness I see in her eyes."

"She did not love the man she was made to marry, initially. Our father forced the marriage upon them. However, she came to appreciate him, to respect him, and eventually, she loved him."

"How did he die?"

"An accident. Though, Elaine and I both suspect our father played a hand in it. Her husband went on a hunting trip with us, and I do not understand how he was killed from it. Suddenly, all of his lands belonged to my father, as he had no other siblings, and his own parents died not long ago. Elaine has refused to leave her room for a month. My father insisted she make an appearance tonight, given you and your siblings have arrived as guests."