𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙣𝙮'𝙨 𝙖𝙙𝙤𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

"Oh, Sunnyyy~! Over here!"

(Y/N) found Volt in full glam standing leisurely beside an oversized individual.

As her steps came to a halt before the two adults, the electric hero began with introductions: "Sunny this is the pro-hero: Toyomitsu Taishiro. Fat Gum this is (L/N) (Y/N)."

Sunny bowed to the smiling pro-hero.

"Sunny, is it? You and Amajiki in on it or something?" Fat Gum deduced, with a cheeky smile.

"Amajiki?"

Fat Gum kept his eyes on the frowning girl as he said, "come out from hiding, Suneater."

A second too many had passed before, true to his word, Amajiki made an appearance by stepping out and around Fat Gum.

He only tugged at his hood and remained silent.

"You two know each other?" Volt asked with a hand on her hip.

"Same school, same class," (Y/N) answered, eyes lingering on the shy classmate.

The female pro-hero beamed and clasped her hands, "wonderful! You'll have a familiar face, then!"

To that, Sunny scowled deeply.

This entire scenario smelt fishy from the start and now Volt was only fanning out the smell.

Oh, never mind.

It's the smell of the squid jerky in Fat Gum's hands.

Fat Gum snickered as he clarified, "I'll be taking you in while Volt's away."

"Right! I was assigned a mission in Sapporo, so I'm asking Fat Gum to adopt you... for the time being," Volt babbled on, flipping her hair off a shoulder.

"Oh..." Sunny's eyes landed on Amajiki's horrified ones, peeking from under the hood. He instantly covered them, avoiding the girl's assessing gaze.

(Y/N) reluctantly turned to Fat Gum's welcoming yellows. "Then..." she dwelled, going into a conflict of siding with her own interests or Amajiki's.

The shy boy most definitely didn't want to work with her, especially after today's incident. (Y/N), on the other hand, wanted to get closer to him.

And Sunny needed to be supportive of Volt's decisions as a good sidekick.

It's settled.

The orange-haired girl's long awaited response came with a bow: "I'll do my best!"

"Awww, isn't she just precious, Taishiro?" Volt gushed, slapping the pro-hero's shoulder lightly.

Fat Gum chuckled through his toothy grin, "I'll be working you to the bone!"

Sunny's bow only lower as she said, "please do!"

Upon straightening up, (Y/N) found Amajiki's head planted on a nearby wall.

"Don't mind him," Fat Gum assured with a mischievous smirk, "he'll get over it."