Chapter 5: The Party

Start from the beginning

Everyone cheered and Harry said he would send the address out before tonight. He got down from the chair, and turned it so the back was facing me, sitting down so he was straddling the chair.

"You excited for tonight?" He smiled at me.

"I don't think I can come, Harry. I had plans with my boyfriend, dinner to celebrate." I said continuing to pack up and clean up my area.

"Bring him! The more the merrier." Harry smiled at me, but when he saw the look on my face he frowned a bit, "Please come, M. I promise it'll be fun. I don't want you to miss out on the bonding that happens at these things."

I looked at him biting my lip. Maybe Ian wouldn't mind. I would still be spending time with him, and he could see that Harry isn't as bad as he thinks.

"Let me see what I can do okay?"

"I'll take it." He said smiling, he pulled out his phone and two seconds later I got a text from him, his address.

I got home and sat at my kitchen table staring at my phone. The idea of another possible fight with Ian was eating away at me, but I needed to at least try and see if tonight was an option.

I picked up the phone and called him from my favorites. I tapped my fingers on the table waiting for him to answer.

"Hi baby! Ready for tonight?"

I took a deep breath, "Hi babe. Actually that's why I was calling. Umm, you know we had the first table read today. Well Harry invited everyone over to his house tonight for food and drinks so we could all get to know each other. He told me to bring you as well. And so well, I was hoping we could go?"

I held my breath and I could feel his frown over the phone,

"Did you already say yes?"

"No of course not, I told him we had a date tonight and I had to check with you first."

"Is it important to you?"

I took a deep breath again, "Yes. I don't want to feel left out. You know I hate that."

"Okay. Then go Mer. Honestly, it's okay I understand."

"But I want you to come with me."

I waited for him to respond, but he stayed silent.

"Please baby?"

I heard his breathing but no response came.

"I need someone there to show Harry what it's actually like to be the most attractive man in the room."

I heard his smile through the phone followed by a small chuckle, "You always know how to butter me up."

I smiled, and sighed, "I'm sorry about canceling our date, I'll make it up to you; but tonight is important to me, and you're important to me. I need you there."

"Okay. I'll go, what time?"

"Be here by 7, and we will leave whenever you get here."

"Sounds good baby. I'll see you then."

"I love you, Ian."

"I love you, Mer."

We hung up the phone and I walked over to my closet, opening up the double door and taking the black dress hanging on the inside of the door and laying it on my bed. It cinched at the waist, and had a tulip skirt with a slightly deep v cut. I had bought it specifically for the date, and decided I would still wear it, dressing it down with a leather jacket.