Part 2

"Mind if I sit here?", he asked; only he was already sitting. And the canteen was almost empty, why did he have to sit there... what's with this guy, Xie Lian thought.

"Of course not", he replied automatically. The guy looked well-pleased with himself, while Xie Lian tried to ignore him, sipping his water and looking away coolly.

He smiled in a flirty way, "So aren't you going to buy me a coffee?", he asked.

Not really knowing how to respond to such weird, and cheeky request, and also seriously thinking that this guy might not be right in the head, Xie Lian said, "Sorry, I left in a rush today, forgot my card".

The guy smiled again, seeming to think Xie Lian actually meant to buy him a coffee, but sadly was unable to do so. Then he got up, "In this case I'll go and get something myself."

"Go ahead", Xie Lian replied, and kept looking at him while he was making his way to the counter. He was tall and slim but well-built, and walked in a relaxed and confident manner. I should probably leave now, Xie Lian thought, but he didn't; somehow this day was turning to be very strange.

The guy returned with two drinks, putting one in front of Xie Lian.

"No thanks", he said, eyeing the tall glass cup with a lovely gradient of brown to white, and whipped cream with a golden-brown sprinkle on top. It looked fancy, and delicious.

The guy himself had a plain black coffee and sat down saying, "Trust me, this is your favourite".

"Look", Xie Lian said, being as polite as he could – the guy was being polite to him after all – "Thank you, but I can't accept a coffee from a total stranger and – "

"Oh is that so?", he replied, looking like he was about to burst out laughing, "Then what should I call you?"

"XL", Xie Lian said, cautiously.

"Nice to meet you XL. You can call me San Lang ", he smiled smugly at his own solution to their dilemma, "Now please drink your salty caramel latte".

Xie Lian just felt helpless, and had a sip. His taste buds immediately melted with such sweetness and deliciousness, and he spaced out in the taste...

"It's so good you want it all in your mouth don't you?", San Lang said, smiling teasingly.

"What?", Xie Lian asked, blushing madly. What was that guy saying?!

"The latte. I told you you'd love it", San Lang replied.

"Oh. Yes", Xie Lian said, still feeling his face burning; the way San Lang smiled though... he couldn't help but think he was talking dirty. Better change the subject.

"Say, San Lang, do you always approach people you don't know and ask them to buy you a coffee?"

San Lang laughed lightly, and replied, "You're so cute, you must get it all the time".

"Huh?", Xie Lian didn't know what to say, that mad blushing returning to his face, his heart racing. What's with this guy, is he flirting? And did he, Xie Lian, even like guys? What's going on...

Trying desperately to play it cool, Xie Lian said, looking at San Lang intently, "Have we... met before?"

San Lang said, "My looks are kind of common, I guess", with a light shrug.

Which didn't really reply the question, Xie Lian thought; also... not at all, no, no way San Lang's looks were common. He was tall, handsome, with that naughty smile that never left his face... too cool for school. He'd never be unnoticed, anywhere, by anyone.

"Anyway", Xie Lian went on, "I don't go to this kind of place to, to buy drinks to people". He hoped he was clear on the I don't get hit by guys front.

"So where do you usually go with your mates, what do you do for fun?", San Lang replied, coolly.

"I make music", Xie Lian replied, smiling. He loved talking about it, and hoped he didn't sound pretentious. "I mean, I remix and stuff, I'm not like a musician", he added.

"Wow, really? But you look so young, you must be still a freshman", San Lang replied, again looking like he was about to burst out laughing. Xie Lian was puzzled.

"I am", Xie Lian said. "I've just joined The Heavens, I'm 17".

"17? I'm 21", San Lang said, "In this case you must respect your elders, and call me San Lang-gege", he said, smiling with pleading eyes, like it'd make all the difference in the world if Xie Lian did it.

Xie Lian smiled, "Alright, San Lang-gege".

San Lang's eyes seemed to sparkle all of a sudden, and he blushed, Xie Lian was sure of it! What kind of kink was that?

He said, "Being this hot at just 17..."

Xie Lian pffted a laugh, "Shut up!"

Maybe San Lang was this sexy all the time, he shouldn't take personal and he should just play it cool.

He went on, "I got a YouTube channel, I do tutorials as a support to my music, and also because it's fun. I have followers, they sent me 'challenges'. I do music videos too". This last part made him think of Feng Xin and Mu Qing, so he changed the subject, "I'm doing performing arts with online career management". Did he sound too me me me?

"Hmm I like to listen to you", San Lang said.

Strange thoughts flashed on Xie Lian's mind; this very same thing being said in a different context: being said by his ear, by kissing lips, about his broken gasps and breathless moans. What was this, what was this?! Was he being... dirty again, why? They were just chatting about his YouTube channel and his course at The Heavens...

Xie Lian sighed. "What about San Lang-gege?", he said with a little smile.

San Lang smiled too, "I'm anything you want me to be".

Did he need to sound that flirty and sexy? It was like he was saying he'd please Xie Lian in any way, he'd make any fantasy come true, he'd be his plaything... Xie Lian's eyes were fixed on him, a soft smile on his face, but behind his eyes, these thoughts... he felt, he felt, he didn't even want to tell himself how he felt.

"I study film production, going to the 4th year. But I do other stuff on the side: photography, social media management, rapping... you know, to make ends meet", he smiled.

Well, now he sounded innocent enough, but Xie Lian had the impression that rather "to make ends meet", San Lang-gege was multi-talented, clever and resourceful. It was only natural for Xie Lian to feel attracted to him, in a kind of creative mentoring way...

Still, these flashing thoughts – like memories, dejà vus – these double-meanings on their whole conversation, the way he just told San Lang his whole life, him being a total stranger after all... it was embarrassing. He should just take a step back, take it slow. He downed the rest of his salty caramel latte, and got up,

"Well, it was nice meeting you, and thank you for the drink. I'll pay you one next time...", he trailed off; he meant it to be like, it'd be his round, not anything flirty, no flirting at all!

"When you have your card on you", San Lang concluded, with that teasing smile.

"Yes", Xie Lian replied, blushing deeply.

"Alright. Then, see you when I see you", San Lang replied, with an easy smile, as if he knew they'd meet again, and very soon.

"Bye San Lang-gege".

Hmm will they meet again very, very soon? What do you think? 😉

Please vote, comment, follow me!