Chapter 2: Beginning of a Rivalry

POS Link

At the understanding of Princess Zelda's words, I stopped my blade immediately. I was so caught up in the confrontation that I didn't notice that the storm had stopped. As she got closer to us, I put my soldier's sword back in her scabbard. Fortunately, she stopped us in time, I thought. Who knows how this fight could have ended?

" - Let's go to the village. I would like to know the reasons for this aggression," she said, giving Revali a cold look.

"- Pffff, well Your Highness," replied the latter.

I advanced with the Royal Princess, who beckoned the group of Ritos to come down to join them, which they did immediately.

"- You are not exempt from explanations either. Revali is not the only one at fault."

Revali? But then, this warrior I just faced... Is that the one the princess was talking about? THE Revali? I looked at it from the corner of my eye and I saw as Zelda had told me on her body areas where feathers seemed to have been torn off and not because of our altercation. But, from what I heard the other day, I thought I was dealing with someone very courteous and self-mastering, the one I fought was rather proud and arrogant... I wonder what all this means. We all set out, the Ritos in the back of our group and Revali, the princess and I in the lead. We crossed the various rope bridges leading from stone islets to stone islets. The structure of Rito Village was unique and this is what makes many travelers like to go there. Once we reached the main island, we marked the steps to get to the upper floors where the village square is located, which also serves as a take-off zone for Ritos. It was time, we were finally going to get to the bottom of this...

POS Revali

I told to the princess the whole story about the aggression my comrades had suffered and the reinforcement of the measures taken in consequence.

" - I see," she said. "It is indeed worrying that the Yigas are venturing so far away from home. You did well... But this man is not a Yiga, he's my... "

I can see in her eyes that she was hesitant to finish her sentence. The royal family is not even that good at talking. Yet I felt that this hesitation was not due to a cruel lack of vocabulary, but rather... doubts?

" - This is my... serving knight... Link."

HIM?! This slender man who had not even managed to strike a blow at me... Was he the one chosen by the King?! I thought I couldn't believe my ears. I was staring up and down at the young blond guy standing by his side. He has nothing imposing, he would not even frighten a fairy! Seeing him began to exasperate me at the highest point so I turned my back on him.

" - I am relieved that none of you are hurt unnecessarily," she said in a softer tone.

I didn't care about his relief. There was only one person she really should have cared about knowing who I was, me Revali.

" - Well, I suppose you have come to ask me for my answer concerning the piloting of the divine creature," I interrupted, wanting to put an end to his nonsense as soon as possible. I see no reason to refuse. However..."

I had to show that failure of a hylian knight who he was dealing with. I turned to them again and advanced to stand just above Link. Only a few centimeters separated us now.

" - ... The knight elected to the protection of the princess. I find it hard to believe that he is such a rascal."

I am Revali, a bow prodigy and undoubtedly the best warrior of my tribe. You may think that your role makes you indispensable, but I intend to prove how much I exceed you. But while I expected to see the anger in his eyes, he said nothing and remained impassive. There was nothing on his face, no muscle tension, nothing. It was as if he simply ignored it. That's right, think you're my equal. I'll prove you wrong.

" - I gladly accept the post, Your Highness. Putting an end to the terror of the Plague is something I would be more than honored to accomplish."

" - I must warn you, Revali... The pilots of the Divine Creatures aim to support the bearer of the purifying blade. It is impossible for you to strike the final blow without his power."

" - Tssss. And who exactly is this so-called "chosen" ?"

" - For the moment, we don't know. I plan to go to the Mojo tree where the sword is sealed."

The answer did not satisfy me much. The divine creatures would only be vulgar supporters despite their so-called power? To support a person whose identity remains unknown ?! It was enough. I took off without warning and went back to the exercise area despite the fatigue. I will prove to them all who I am. Who is Revali.

POS Zelda

With Link we took the way back to the castle. We stopped at Tabanta's horse-house, taking care not to fall into another possible ambush of the enemy.

"I hope we won't be too long. The storm has greatly delayed our return and I don't want to meet Father to explain your killing.

But as we got into the saddle, I kept worrying more. The message had passed and Revali had accepted - reluctantly following my explanations - the Vah'Medoh pilot's mission. I wanted to convince myself that everything was going great except the fact that I still couldn't awaken the power of the Seal. But that animosity I felt between Revali and Link. It couldn't stay that way. They have to be able to agree to face the Ganon scourge. No, I have to be able to make them agree. I didn't want to be a burden just to be a messenger. I had to do something. Then an idea came to me. Yes, this is it! The time has come to see what they can be worth to two...