Bonus Chapter

One morning on a path to Green Hills Junkyard, Sonic, Paige, Tails, and Knuckles were walking down a dirt path in a forest.

"The town of Green Hills; a nice, quiet place." Sonic narrated. "Too quiet."

"This isn't the way to the library." Tails said as he looked around.

"I swore an oath to return these sacred tomes or Maddie would be dishonored with late fees." Knuckles stated as he held up some library books.

"This is just a detour." Sonic informed, before he continued his narration. "Knuckles, Tails, and Paige didn't know something mysterious was going on at the junkyard."

"Who are you talking to?" Paige asked.

"I'm narrating!" Sonic replied. "Cool heroes do it in detective movies all the time."

The team arrives at the junkyard and Knuckles has a thoughtful expression.

"I wish to narrate, too." Knuckles said, before his own narration. "Knuckles was very handsome and strong, much stronger than Sonic."

"Tails was just excited to be included." Tails narrated.

"Tails' narration was weak and sad." Knuckles narrated.

"Paige thought Tails' narration was cute and sweet, like the adorable creature he is." Paige narrated. "And now Paige was getting irritated with herself narrating."

Upon entering the junkyard, Sonic heard something and alerted his friends and sister.

"Shh! We're on an investigation." Sonic whispered. "Wade told me there had been some weird noises up here at night."

Knuckles moves ahead while Tails hides behind Paige.

"Aww." Paige muttered, before she holds Tails' hand in comfort. "Don't be scared, Tails. I'll walk with you."

Sonic just walks away, leaving Paige with a nervous Tails to move with her as he anxiously looks around. The team takes cover behind some junk when they see the cause of the noises. A Badnik covered in junk and searching for more to add to itself.

"Upgrade. Upgrade." Unit said. "Need to upgrade. Unit must upgrade and conquer the world."

"It's one of Robotnik's drones!" Sonic gasped.

"It's been upgrading itself!" Tails added.

"Ha! No match for me!" Knuckles smirked.

Knuckles emerges from cover with a triumphant expression, and Unit turns in his direction.

"Biologicals detected." Unit said.

Unit fires colored lasers from a traffic light attachment and blasts Knuckles away, knocking him into some barrels.

"Knuckles!" Paige exclaimed. "You okay?"

After shaking it off, the echidna sees that the lasers have burnt holes through the library books.

"The sacred tomes!" Knuckles gasped.

"Guys, we need a plan." Sonic said. "Tails, you take up a flanking position. Knuckles-."

"Knuckles pretended he was listening, but he readied his attack." Knuckles narrated.

"Dude, we were literally just talking-." Paige said.

"Are you still narrating?" Sonic asked Knuckles.

Knuckles makes a break for Unit.

"Wait!" Sonic exclaimed.

"Time for a Knuckles Sandwich!" Knuckles said.

Running at the Badnik, Knuckles grabs a stop sign and uses it as a shield to block Unit's lasers. Tossing it away, he jumps into the air and dives toward Unit, who opens his refrigerator to trap Knuckles inside. He then ejects the fridge from his body, sending it flying with the echidna inside. Knuckles manages to escape his prison and leaps out, only to fly headfirst into a Green Hills sign.