Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

As it shattered a voice came from the door, " it's because you're the daughter of a mistress. Father only took you out of pity. "

You look at your brother in disbelief. A tear drops from your cheek as you balled up your first to the point that it bleed as your fingernails dig deep into your flesh. "

 Brother- you quickly got cut off, " you will never be my sister. So don't talk to me, don't ever call me that again, and most importantly stay out of my way. I won't hesitate to strike you down to make sure I will be the head of this family. "

As he walked away you let out a laugh. Why? Why did you have to be born in this Godforsaken place!? You knew that women we're just used as baby makers in this place and have no say. You understood why Eula your older sister was working so hard.

Wiping your tears, you let out a giggle feeling yourself lose to insanity.

" I'm gonna break and burn this family. "

2 years later

Current Age: 10

You fell to the floor as you held your cheek in pain. You had just been slapped by your...'father " Y/n! your grades are unacceptable! " he shouted kicking you in the stomach. You knew how sadistic this bastard was.

He thought pain will solve everything. Your older sister and your brother stood there at the side watching. Eula looked at you with pity and a hint of anger in her face. And as for your 'brother' he stood there with a smile on his face.

Gritting your teeth you looked at your brother and your father with hatred. Your father kicked you again harder this time. You bit your cheek and kept a straight face, you weren't gonna give him the satisfaction he wants.

3 Years later

Current Age: 13

" y/n my dearest! You came top again, and you made a lot of connections to high ranking family's in school. I think you're more suited than someone..." your father looked at you with a wide smile on his face. Such a dumb bastard.

You studied day and night. Even if you get sick that's nothing. You researched everyone in your school, that was apparently for only the high and mighty. 

As for your brother, he hated you more and more, and acted like a real Lawrence. A bastard who thinks he's higher than everyone.

And you? well you, made your way on the top of the family, sucking up to your father as much as possible.

" Dad I'm kinda sad. " you said looking at your father 'sadly'. Of course since you sucked up to him real hard so he listens to you, but if what you say is dumb you get a slap. 

Which is how you learned not to speak out of line. For now.

" why is that my dearest y/n? " he answered not looking at you and still keeping his eye on the paperwork he was doing. 

" It feels like I'm the only one trying in this family " you said with a sigh. 'im sorry Eula' you said in your mind.

He put down his paperwork and seemed to think about something. " you're right y/n. The people in this family have the name Lawrence yet they dare to slack off! " he shouted slamming his fist on the table.

This is payback to your brother for trying to kill you.

2 years later

Current Age 15:

You we're exhausted. As two years passed by you made money by the means of doing the work of the spoiled rich brats in your school. As you got a pretty big load of money at the age of 14 and you hired an investigator.

You hired him to investigate your mother. You knew in your heart that she was never like the people in this family. That if she was actually alive she would have loved you dearly. 

As you received the file that you we're given by the investigator, tears left your eyes as your hand went over your mouth in shock.

Your grandfather Kian Lawrence, had one daughter. And that daughter was your mother... the mother of your older sister and older brother, was the mistress. Your grandfather was killed by your father, slowly poisoned.

Your father got her mistress Lea pregnant with your older sister at that time, which resulted in him avoiding and hiding her. 

As she went into hiding when she was still pregnant with your older sister, he and your mother stayed together, happily.

But no, he still wasn't contented. He still met up with his mistress, getting her pregnant when your older sister was four years old.

 At that moment Lea got mad at him, told him that if he didn't make her his only wife she would reveal to everyone how he got her pregnant out of wedlock and cheated on his wife.

He agreed out of fear of his reputation. For two years he poisoned your mother, slowly. At that time she was still lively, and then she got pregnant with you. 

Your father didn't know what to do, his mistress was already mad at him.

So the heartless bastard continued poisoning your mother. He though you wouldn't make it, but here you are. The moment your mother gave birth to you, her body finally collapsed. Her last wish to him was a picture with you.

She forced herself to stand up and hire one of the best makeup artists in teyvat to make her look more...alive. With one last picture of your, she was gone the next day.

You fell to the floor sobbing as hard as your body can. Why did no one help her?! why didn't doctors come and help her?! you then realized, he paid them. Everyone was in on it.

As you cried that night you made sure no one would make it out alive

You pulled out a picture out of your suitcase. It was the picture of your mom where she was still holding you as an infant. You showed it to Xiao with a sad smile.

The boy stood up in complete shock and hugged you tightly, in which you broke down again.

" y/n I may be weak right now but I promise you, I will be with you every step of the way "