12

It can't be. Right? He worked at the cafe. I decided to quickly text Clay.

I think Jake might be our waiter.
Sent

I shoved my phone away as he came over. "Hi welcome to the Palm my name is Jake. I will be serving you this evening. How can I help you?" Jake said in his waiter voice.
"You can help us by not food poisoning us." I said flatly.
"Y/N? I never thought a poor person like you would ever get here. That's why I wanted to work here." Jake replied.
"This guy gave you food poisoning? We want a new waiter immediately." Gus said. It means a lot to me to know he has my back. It was honestly kind of funny because all the players looked like they were about ready to murder Jake. And with what Jake did next, I'd be fine if they did. He started touching me. I told him to back off multiple times but he never did. Then 3 of the players tackled him! It only would have taken one but they all wanted to get in on the fun. That's when cops came over and started cuffing up the boys. I tried to explain to the cops what all happened and they said they would look at the security cameras.

——— Time Skip———
We finished our meal and I went back out to Clays car. I'm case you were wondering, Jake went to jail for assault and purposely food poisoning me. Good. He deserves it. "What the hell Y/N?!? Why didn't you respond to my texts?! As soon as I heard Jake was your waiter I was worried sick!" Clay said extremely quickly.
He was worried about me. Maybe this is actually a possibility!

"My phone was dead, my bad Clay." I replied. A sigh of relief washed over him as he started to drive home, It was about 20 minutes in when I heard "This side of paradise" By Coyote Theory come on the radio. (A/N: feel free to play the song) This was one of my favorite songs, so I started to hum along until it got to this one part. And at this part, I sang.

Are you lonely?
Our fingers dancing when they meet
You seem so lonely
I'll be the only Dream you seek
So if you're lonely, no need to show me
If you're lonely, come be lonely with me

I kept singing a little bit after that until the song needed. "Wow, Y/N I didn't know you could sing. Your voice was wonderful." Clay said. Bro why is this guy so caring about me? He's so sweet!
"Thanks Clay" I replied and let a small smile slip from my lips.

When we arrived home, Sapnap was streaming so we decided to watch a movie. We decided on a Marvel movie. About half way through, I was getting tired. I was going to go up to my room, but when I stood up, Clay grabbed on to my arm. "Stay. Please". He said and gently patted his chest as a 'you can sleep here' I agreed. I didn't want to walk up 2 flights of stairs. As I laid my head down, I noticed his heart beat was speeding up. But it was calming. His scent, his cologne. Wait is he trying to match his breathing with mine? That's so sweet! I think tomorrow I'm going to talk to Sapnap. I definitely have a crush on this guy.

A/N:
Next chapter will have a different POV so be on the lookout for that! If you want new chapter updates, follow my insta @daily_ranboo! I'm also trying to only post 2 chapters a day until my school starts. Once it does, it will only be one chapter a day. Thanks for understanding!
Most importantly, remember to eat and hydrate before next chapter!
Word Count: 654