11

"You look amazing Y/N." Clay said right away. (He got his cast off earlier this morning so he was excited) You would have guessed he was a Tomato he was so red.
"Yeah Y/N what is the occasion?" Sapnap asked.
"Gus invited me to eat at the Palm tonight with the team! Best part is that it's all paid for!" I replied cheerfully.
"I'll drive you there!" Clay said a little too quickly because then Sapnap just stared at him. Now this wasn't a short drive. It was like a 3 hour drive. So about 30 minutes in, Clay and I just started asking each other random questions. It was all fun and games until he asked, "do you have a crush?"
"Y- yeah I do." I replied, turning a little red. "How about you?"
"Yeah I do too." Clay replied. He asked the next question which I really was not ready for, which was "Are you a virgin?" Bro what is this is he drunk?
"Im not if you count having it unwillingly" I replied.

(A/N: Clay speaking will be underlined. Y/N Talking will be in bold)
"Y/N is there something you aren't telling me?"
"5 year long story, short: Abusive boyfriend."
"Y/N why didn't you tell me?"
"I know this sounds weird but I cope better by not talking about it. Like just having someone to hold me helps me."
"So physical touch. Is that your love language?"
"Physical touch, receiving gifts, and quality time. What about you?"
"Physical touch and gift giving. We have so much in common Y/N"

They way he said my name. The way he cares about me. I think I actually like him. Sapnap is going to kill me. Plus what if Clay is just being a good friend?  He already recently got over a manipulative ex and I don't think he needs someone like me in his life.

We arrived really early to the restaurant so we both stepped out of the car. "I really wish you would have told me Y/N" Clay said in a caring tone. "Again, I don't cope like that." I replied. "Well then, can I hug you?" Clay said plainly. "Of course.

Butterflies. I have a crush on him. Im screwed. Sap isn't going to like this. But I feel so safe and happy in his arms. I wish I could just stay here. He feels so warm. His giant body curling around my tiny one. This is what I've wanted.  The hug split and we both just smiled. There was nothing else to say. It was perfect timing because then soon after Gus and some of the guys showed up. We all went inside and took out seats. Our waiter came to our table and gosh did he look so familiar. That's when my heart dropped.

A/N:
I'm thinking about trying to do different POVS, what do y'all think? Comment and vote to let me know.
~ follow my insta @daily_ranboo for book updates!
Most importantly, make sure to eat and hydrate before the next chapter!
Word count: 521