"Yeah, well Miss Sina had to punish for your 'accident'. Well at least, Sir Silas is going to be sent home next morning, " Jas smiled at Mia.

"I have to go. I have to meet Lady Lousina in her room and prepare her bed," Mia made a face as she marched off to the Lady's chambers.

Mia was about to knock on the door when suddenly someone grabbed her from behind and dragged her away from the door. Mia kicked the assailant repeatedly but he did not even flinched once. She tried to scream but the assailant covered her mouth with his gloved hand. Mia was dragged in to an empty room and was thrown on the bed. Mia scrambled to sit up and faced the assailant at the foot of the bed.

Sir Silas stood there, a frightening smile on his lips as he  looked at Mia in such a way that gave her goosebumps but Mia was not about to show that she was afraid.

"Sir Silas, if you needed me, you could have call for me instead for dragging me into this room. What is it that you need?" Mia kept her tone light as she tried to worm her way out of this dangerous situation.

Sir Silas laughed cruelly. "Don't act innocent girl. You know why I dragged you here."

Mia tried to calm down her racing heart as she said,"Sir Silas, if this is about the accident at dinner, I-."

"Of course, it's about your little 'accident' at dinner! Do you how much your little slip up cost me? I'm considered an embarrassment to Tusaine. Me! Duke Heath is disappointed with me, I'm forced to go back home and there the Tisane Court is pending whether I should be stripped of my shield and title! And it's all because of you!" Sir Silas shouted, his face contorted with anger.

"Sir Silas, I was clumsy and my hand slipped. I apologise for my actions. Please forgive my clumsiness," Mia

"Oh no, I don't forgive quite easily. Now you will pay the price for your clumsiness, " Silas said

Silas launched himself on Mia, pushing her body against the bed. Mia tried to kick him between his legs but being stronger and heavier, Silas easily blocks her legs and pins them down to the bed. "No, let me go!" Mia screamed as she raised her hands in a defensive position, shutting her eyes tightly as she looked away.

Suddenly, there was a strong gush of wind and Silas flew across the room. He hit the wall and shrieked in pain as he fell to the floor. Mia's eyes flew open at the sound of Silas's shout and was surprised that Silas "What in the world?" Mia looked at her hands, wondering what in Mithros happened.

Silas was just as shock as she was but it was replaced with rage. He shouted angrily and charged towards Mia. Before she could do anything, a cloaked man suddenly appeared before her and tackled Silas. He punched Silas in face, breaking his nose, kneed him in the gut and threw on the floor. Sir Silas held his bleeding nose as he glared angrily at the cloaked men.

"If you want to attack someone, you should make sure that the door is actually closed. Is this how a knight should act, attacking women because you think they were the reason for your disgrace? What happen to your honour?" the cloaked man said icily as he looked at Silas. Mia looked at her saviour in shock. She recognised the voice. It was Luke of Tirragen!

"You're one to talk, Luke of Tirragen. Didn't your dear uncle betrayed the King? The same King who trusted him and earned his shield by swearing to protect the King and his family and to serve his country till the end? Where's his honour?" Silas shot back at Luke.

Mia saw Luke's body tense up but he recovered immediately."Just because he betrayed Tortall, doesn't mean I'm the same as him. Family relations does not make me similar to him. Now leave Silas, I'm heard your shield and title might be stripped from you. I sure you would want any more accident which might push the Court towards that decision, do you? " Luke pointed towards the door. Knowing that Luke had the upper hand, Silas left the room in rage.

Silence settled between them after Silas left the room.  Mia cleared her throat."Thank you for saving me," Mia looked at Luke.

"Stupid," Luke muttered loud enough for Mia to hear.

"Excuse me?How am I stupid?" Mia exclaimed angrily as she looked at the cloaked man.

For the first time today, Luke turned around and finally looked at Mia, straight into her eyes. "If you actually held your temper and not tried to teach that barbarian a lesson, you wouldn't be in this mess! And don't try to deny that it wasn't on purpose. You could have done it somewhere else where he would not be humiliated in front of the Tusaine, Scanra and the Tortall officials. You also strained the political relations between Tortall and Tusaine, maybe even Scanra, which hopefully will not escalate into something bigger!"

Luke's harsh words sink into Mia as she realised what her action could have caused and if Luke was not walking past...Mia shuddered, not wanting to think about it.

"You're right. I should have held my temper. I'm sorry." Mia looked down on the floor, feeling slightly guilty.

There was a soft rustling of cloth and Mia felt a comforting weight being placed on her shoulders. She looked up in surprise to see Luke beside her and his cloak on her shoulders.

"You're clothes are torn. Cover yourself with my cloak. Don't feel too guilty, he had it coming. " Luke said gruffly before he turned around and headed towards the door. Mia wrapped the brown cloak tightly around her body and whispered "Thank you", unsure if he heard her. But Mia could have sworn that she saw a small smile on Luke's face before he left.

Mia breathed in deeply, smelling the faint scent of wood and hay on Luke's cloak which calm her down greatly.

"I guess he's not a complete jerk after all," Mia smiled slightly, as she gripped the clock more tightly around her, enveloping her in sense of security and comfort she needed for a long time.