Chapter 12

Weeks had gone by and Aria was anxious about what had happened to her on that night. The thoughts of his eyes and the feeling to get back in the woods to find him were strong. Everytime she stepped out onto her balcony she felt this weird pulling sensation. Like the dark woods were calling out to her. "aria! Please come down here!" Her eyes glued to the trees as she held the necklace in her hands as if somehow once she was to put it down it'll be gone and she'd wake up. She placed it in her pocket of her sweat pants as she made her way downstairs to her mother. "Look honey, we've rescheduled it for a few weeks now your father and I are running late. We must be going very soon. Are you sure you'll be fine while we're gone?" Her mother stood in front of her as she fixed arias dark brown hair cupping her cheeks with worry in her eyes. "Mom, I'll be fine. I'll be 18 in a few weeks. I don't need a babysitter anymore." Her Father let out a soft giggle as he stepped out of the living room with their luggage. "I'm sorry for the sudden leave babygirl. I promise when we get back we'll celebrate your birthday then." Aria smiled as her mother still eyed her, still wondering over her question. "Just be sure you finish up your work on time." Aria nodded as her mother suddenly pulled her in for a tight hug. "Alright hunny, we gotta get going or we'll miss our flight." His hand rest on her shoulder as she let go. Aria hugged her dad before watching as they scrambled out the door in a rush as her mother said something to her father. The door shut and she was now, alone. Immediately she put her hand back in her pocket and felt the necklace still in its place. She pulled it out to look at it again. The circled necklace with some type of marking on it was something beautiful to look at. It was the only thing she had to really keep her in this reality, that the night of last week really happened. Buzzing came from her phone as she pulled it out of her other pocket. A text from Tara asking if she would want to attend the fall festival with her tomorrow. Aria texted her back saying she'd love to. Getting out of the house and her mind off of things, maybe she could relax. Another text from Tara reading 'i heard Wyatt is going, maybe we'll see him there too.' Wyatt was a guy aria had a huge crush on in school before leaving months ago to get homeschooled. Wyatt haven't crossed her mind in weeks until now. It'd be nice to see him again. Aria thought to herself but immediately bright blue eyes and his black hair flashed a crossed her mind in a quick instant leaving her unbalanced, holding her hand to her head. This stranger in the woods. She walked up the stairs and to her room. Pacing back and forth, her body heated, her head pounding as a pull towards the woods took a hold of her again. What's wrong with me?

 What's wrong with me?