Ch12 - Powered Point

En başından başla

"Mandy here just loves to flex every bit of Spanish she knows." Dani chuckles.

"I do~!" Sam sings, laughing. Dani laughs with her.

"Mandy...?" Paige whispers to himself.

"A nickname my Ma has for my Mami," OJ explains, then scrunches his face. "Erm... that is to say, Dani's nickname for Sam."

"Oooh," Paige nods. "That's cute!"

"Aw!" Dani coos. "You're cute!"

Paige blushes. "Heehee!"

The four of them fall into a comfortable back and forth, the radio having come on at some point. Eventually though, they reach their destination.

"It's an early 1 PM, kids!" Sam says once they get out of the car, stretching. "What will you two do in the beautiful sun today?"

"Hide from her," OJ jokes with a smirk. "We'll be in my room." He grabs Paige's hand and turns towards him. "There's something I wanted to show you!"

"Oh!" Paige smiles as OJ begins pulling him into their house. It's a tall, blue home. It looks complicated on the outside, but inside it's layout is actually rather open. Something something, the home reflecting the tenants, something something... "There's something I wanted to show you too!"

"Yes?" OJ questions as they ascend the stairs.

"It's my bag actually!"

"Ooh! Well, we're almost to my room. Show me once we're there, yes?"

"Of course!"

OJ brings Paige into a fairly large room, almost rivaling his own. The decorations clash every which way he looks, one corner being filled with trains upon trains and another filled with Sonic merchandise and a third filled to the brim with Pokemon plushies. That last corner was actually his bed. Paige could barely tell it was with it being buried under all the plushies!

There's one last corner, filled with a cornered desk which houses two monitors. There's a bunch of stuff on the desk, all little bits and pieces Paige couldn't really tell what they were.

"Welcome to my room, Paige!" OJ grins, striking a pose. "It's rather crowded, but I made sure there was enough room for you to sleep here tonight!"

"I get to sleep in here?" Paige gasps, pulling off his backpack.

"Yes! You even—oh my gosh." OJ cuts himself off in his own gasp, rushing over next to Paige and bending down. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh."

Confused, Paige blinks. Then, he looks down to where OJ is hovering.

Oh! His bag!

"Paige," OJ breathes, "Is this an honest to god shiny Eevee backpack? The one they only made 102 of?"

"Yes!" Paige smiles. "It's actually what I wanted to show you!" He sits down on the floor and pats next to him, urging OJ to do the same. He does, plopping down with an exhale.

"How did you get your hands on this?" OJ asks, turning it around and around. "This is incredible! Though you've most certainly had this since 2009, it's practically immaculate!"

"I like it a lot!" Paige laughs. "I like to keep my things clean!"

"Yet you use it often, yes?"

"Eh," Paige wobbles his hand. "Every so often. Like I said, I like it! I wanna keep it looking as good as it can for as long as I can."

"Incredible willpower you show," OJ commends. "For I would've run this poor thing into the ground! Haha!"

Paige watches as OJ laughs, something warm filling him. OJ had the prettiest laugh Paige had ever heard. He loved hearing it. He didn't even realize how much he had missed it until just now.

He hopes he can hear more of it soon.

"Oh, apologies, Paige. I do tend to get a bit carried away." OJ says, a little shy.

"Don't apologize!" Paige grins. "I love to hear you talk!"

OJ rubs the back of his head. Was he blushing? "Ah... thank you." He shakes his head a bit. "But! This is amazing. I'm so happy I got to see one of these backpacks up close." He hands it back to Paige. "Here you are."

"Thank you!" Paige smiles, placing it in his lap. "Now what did you wanna show me?"

"Oh yes!" OJ grins, clapping his hands together. "Well, you know how you mentioned my love of Sonic the other day?"

"Yes?"

"Yes! So! You kind of sparked a revitalized love for it in me!" OJ stands and goes to his computer, beckoning Paige to follow along. "I made something and I was hoping to show you!"

"Ooh!" Paige smiles, putting his bag aside and going after OJ. "What is it?"

Paige comes up behind OJ and looks over his shoulder. The mouse moves in precise motions. Soon, the screen shows a document entitled "Sonic '06 is Savable, and Here's Why".

"I have a power point prepared!" OJ smiles wide. "I can prepare some popcorn if you so wish!"

-- A/N --

*the spanish OJ speaks means "Let's not talk about him right now? Please?"