1: Before We Begin

Cale actually did not do anything this time.

He just got robbed indeed, but for once, he didn't immediately run off to smack the culprit at the back of the head. Instead, there he was, lying on the bed without a care in the world. He just got back from war, he at least deserves the privilege to rest for a bit.

The redhead tried to ignore the headache that was slowly washing over him. He thought everything would be over once he defeated that damn White Radish Bastard and removed the Sealed God for good. However, slowly, new questions and problems were piling up.

What is even happening? Billos is missing, a certain son of a b*tch swooped his money under his nose, and he could also remember the conversation between him and Zed Crossman. Cale has no idea who the hell these so-called hunters are other than them targeting single-lifers, and he doesn't want to know. But Choi Han is a single-lifer, he has no choice but to get involved if they're a threat to one of his people.

Cale thought he could finally obtain his slacker life, but it seemed to be getting further away.

He sighed, pushing himself to sit up as he heard muffled yet loud noises coming from beyond the walls.

Raon barged into the room, On and Hong tailing behind him.

"Human!! We brought you the grapes!"

"And books, nya!"

"We brought you some drinks too, nya! So you don't have to go anywhere!"

They settled onto the bed, finding comfortable positions on Cale's lap. The bowl of grapes was gently laid beside him. To his surprise, Choi Han, Eruhaben, and Rosalyn entered the room after them.

Choi Han nodded politely as a greeting before standing near the door, guarding it. Eruhaben and Rosalyn walked closer, the former sitting on a chair on the right side of the bed while the latter sent him a smile.

Cale nodded back towards them in acknowledgement.

"Ah, Eruhaben-nim, is it fine for you to be walking around like this already?" The redhead asked with a frown, remembering the time when the ancient dragon was in pain after drinking from a certain jar.

"Tsk, you unlucky bastard. Why are you still worrying about me? I've become young again and regained my strength because of you. You don't have to concern yourself with my well-being anymore."

That was an arrogant way of a dragon saying 'Thank you for helping me extend my life. Now you don't have to worry about me dying anytime soon, so worry about yourself first.'

His frown was replaced by another stoic expression, but everyone saw how Cale had a look of satisfaction on his face, even if it was just for a moment.

Rosalyn shakes her head, amusement clearly displayed on her face as she thought to herself, 'Young Master Cale... As usual, always thinking of people other than himself.'

Cale opened one of the books that the children had brought for him and started reading. A grape floated towards his mouth as Raon feeds him using magic. It didn't take long for him to relax.

'Ah, this atmosphere is perfect. Being a slacker really is a best,' He thought with a small smile.

"So, for what reason did you come see me, Eruhaben-nim?" He asked without looking up from his book. If it was any normal days, the dragon would've thought of it as disrespectful, but the young man just returned from war, so he decided to be lenient.

"I heard you got robbed. As someone who was a victim to it, I thought there's nothing wrong in visiting you to share my condolences."

Cale deadpanned, but he didn't look up from his book.