star: sinners play as saints

En başından başla

The difference between him and DK though, was that Hoshi would have never betrayed Mingyu like that in his right mind. His feelings for Satine were buried beneath years of rejection and destroyed self-worth. Not in a million years did he ever think he would act on his love for her.

Turns out death can do a lot of things to the living.

"I, I think I need some time alone." His answer was directed at Mingyu, but his eyes didn't budge from Satine. She had his full attention - always.

Leaving Diana, Satine approached him with a saddened smile and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Okay, honey, let us know if you need anything," she whispered, ignoring his heart palpitating as she left him with a small kiss on his cheek. "You know where we are."

He nodded, letting her wipe a tear from his cheek.

Mingyu went straight to his room without saying a word when they got back. He'd caught Diana's gaze, wanting so badly to check she was alright, but it was Satine he was desperate for that evening. She was the only one that could relieve his pain.

"I'll be in soon, sweets," Satine called after him, feeling her heart crush when he didn't acknowledge her. She turned to her friend slumped on the couch with a grateful smile, thanking God she had her a distraction. "Let's get you some water, hey?" She fondly stroked the back of Diana's head. "You really haven't changed at all, have you?"

As a result of her upbringing, Diana closed herself off from the world at a young age. She was always looking for something greater; something that would help distract her from her childhood - even if it was only for a little bit. Satine was one of those distractions but the girl sure did come with a shit-ton of baggage.

Diana couldn't handle the extent of Satine's mischief. Her friend had this need to rebel every time her father decided not to come home that Christmas or birthday, and Diana became guilty by association.

Whenever she felt anxious or had a heavyweight weighing her down, she would hurl her guts out. It became a running joke between the two girls.

"I don't like interrogation rooms," she slurred, sipping at the glass of water Satine held to her lips.

"I don't think anyone does, baby."

"He was really hard on me, it felt as if I'd done something wrong."

Satine sat back, watching her friend curiously avoiding eye contact. She'd done that a lot lately - acted as if they weren't in the same room. It was like Mingyu had taken up the brunette's entire world and Satine just had to watch it happen.

"If you're not guilty, you have nothing to worry about, right?"

"Right," Diana shakily took another gulp.

It was quiet. Too quiet for the loft above Dynaco. Someone was always yelling or screaming outside, or the heavy bass from downstairs would vibrate against the floorboards. Sometimes it would be Wonwoo making all the noise - he had a habit of screeching whenever he won a game or got embarrassed.

"I can't believe he's actually gone." Satine held her chest. "We're really never going to see him again."

Diana paused, letting that part sink in. She hadn't quite processed that she'd never get to see his cheeky smile again or hear his witty remarks. It was probably because he still haunted her thoughts after holding her ID. The look of disbelief on his face was terrifying.

She saw him everywhere she turned.

"I just can't believe he would kill hims"- Satine stopped as her phone buzzed and Jeonghan's name appeared on the screen.