star: just a kiss

Start from the beginning

"Do what?"

"Tuck me in?" Diana lips tugged into a satisfied smile as she watched him awkwardly play with the label of his white tee.

Great, so he looked like a pervert that watches women sleep.

"No..." That was a lie. Every time Mingyu would leave his room in the morning, he'd make sure to check if she was comfortable. Though, most of the time it looked as if a bomb had gone off behind that partition. He'd come to the conclusion rather early on that she strived in clutter.

"Really? That's odd because every time I wake up all my books are neatly stacked on the windowsill when I'm pretty sure I used them for a pillow the night before..."

Mingyu's face contorted out of embarrassment which only made Diana burst out into that infectious giggle of hers.

"Coffee?" She changed the subject after seeing his reddened glow.

"Erm, sure, coming right up!"

-

They sat next to each other at the bar which became the moment they looked forward to each day. Mingyu would listen intently as Diana rambled on about the last book she read, and she would pay him the same respects by listening to his new lyrics.

Their relationship was simple, unforced and never dull.

"March?" She clapped her hands together after forty minutes of them trying to come up with a name for his new song.

"I like it, but it needs to be punchier, shorter, crispier."

"Crispier?" Diana snorted. "What the fuck is crispier?"

"I dunno, just sounded right." Mingyu laughed with her, resting his chin on his palm as she covered her mouth to conceal her smile. She often did that when she laughed; it was some type of insecurity that Mingyu wanted to sucker punch out of her perfect little head. He wanted to snatch her hand away and relish in her happiness. It was the kind of smile to end wars, the kind of smile you can fall in love with without even knowing a person.

"You can't get shorter than March?" She rolled her eyes.

He nodded in agreement, not because he liked the title, but because she was the one that had come up with it.

"Okay fine, done and dusted."

Gulping the last of her coffee, Diana fully turned in her seat to stare at Mingyu until he gave her his full attention.

"So what do you wanna do today? Star's gone for two nights so there's no running off to DK's or up to the roof waiting for her to come back. You're gonna have to spend the whole two days cooped up with me!" Her tone was light and teasing, finding the new circumstance amusing after his frequent avoidance. She hadn't realised that things had changed after their conversation on the roof - majorly.

"What makes you think that I want to avoid you anymore?" Mingyu brought his mug to his lips with a smirk and watched eagerly as she fumbled around for a suitable response. It was interesting, seeing someone as chatty as Diana remain speechless because of one little remark.

"Okay," she finally breathed out, "shoot your shot, mister. What does Mingyu want to do on this fine afternoon?"

Another one of her questions he couldn't answer truthfully.

"Hmmm... He wants to listen to every single Metallica album he owns, start to finish."

Diana's jaw hit the floor. He was waiting for the words 'absolutely not' to come out of her mouth but was actually delightfully surprised by her response.