Just Like Fire

Rebekah and I have spend some quality time together, and what I mean by quality time is that Klaus made me try to get inside her head by seeing her memories to find the location of where the witch Davina is.

I didn't find anything.

It's like her mind is blank.

I walk downstairs to see the front door open, narrowing my eyes at it because I'm not going to get kidnapped today and nor will I let them kidnap Hayley.

I quickly speed towards the door, cautiously looking around the house but my mind comes to a halt when the smell of gasoline invades my nostrils.

I take a step out of the front door to see Klaus pour gasoline all over the bodies I killed yesterday. I almost forgot that we left the bodies here all night.

"Nothing like the smell of gasoline and burned corpses to start the day." I comment as I walk towards Klaus who glances at me, casting me a small smile before setting the pile of vampires on fire.

"Well, I am cleaning up your mess." Klaus points out, turning around to face me me. He looks at me for few minutes, seeming deep in thought and I want to know what he's thinking about.

"Why are you drinking vervain?" I question, crossing my arms over my chest.

He lets out a small chuckle, a small smirk taking over his expression. "I thought you promised to never to read my mind again."

"Well, when you're staring at me thinking about whatever you're thinking about... a girl gets curious." I shrug with a raised eyebrow, making him crack a smile.

"You wanna know what I was thinking about?" He questions and I don't hesitate to nod my head at him.

"Enlight me, please."

He takes a step closer to me, taking my hands on his. "I was thinking about the future. Soon I will be king and you're going to be my Queen." I laugh slightly at his statement because the only thing I'm queen of is the queen of food. "I'm serious. And when all of this is over, I will make you mine. I will take you around the world, I will treat you like you deserve."

I smile at him, before looking down at my feet with doubts flooding my mind. "I hope we make it there without getting killed."

He shakes his head, placing a hand on my cheek and we lock eyes. "I promised to be your last love and I don't intend to break that promise." I look down when a grin threatens to appear on my face. "Don't be scared to fall in love."

"I'm not." I mutter to myself. "I'm just scared that I'm the only one falling in love." I confess, making him bring his other hand up to my face to brush his hands on my cheeks and I melt at his touch.

"But you're not." He smiles, leaning his forehead on mine before his expression turns serious and his hand drop down to my shoulders. "I want you to be careful and I don't want you anywhere Marcel can find you. At least not for now."

"I know. I'll be careful, I promise." He looks me in the eye as if he's looking in my soul, slowly leaning in and I stand still waiting to feel his lips on mine.

A cough from behind us, makes us part away from each other and spin around to face the smirking intruder. "I feel like I'm always interrupting something." Rebekah looks past us at the pile of burning vampires. "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!" She fake pouts and I roll my eyes at her.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child and my girl killed them!" He starts to walk to the foyer, Rebekah and I following behind.